Fattest states in the nation 2008

Lemme guess, they used BMI?
Of course they did. And although BMI is worthless for people in great shape (like me - "overweight" despite 150+ miles/wk on a bike, hiking, skiing and not being a fatass), it is overall a useful tool for looking at large groups and general trends.

Interesting to compare that map to this one:
86994013.gif

Which is M1901. Median Household Income (In 2006 Inflation-Adjusted Dollars): 2006 from here: http://factfinder.census.gov/servle...6_EST_G00_&-_longitude=&-_changeMap=Identify#
is this adjusted for cost of living in the different states?

as for Mississippi being the fattest.
a Louisiana saying goes like this: Thank god for Mississippi or we'd be last in everything.

i believe that york county, pa is the fattest county of all the US

i was there for 2 months 2 summers ago

fuck that place

They claim that cheap food is more fattening...

W00t #1 3 years running!!

Just can't resist that home/grease cooking :lol:

I weigh 165 I feel like I let my state down :(

Of course they did. And although BMI is worthless for people in great shape (like me - "overweight" despite 150+ miles/wk on a bike, hiking, skiing and not being a fatass), it is overall a useful tool for looking at large groups and general trends.

i'm 6'2" and 205lbs, that fucking thing says i'm overweight, despite having a 34" waist and being in good shape.

i think one of those calculators said i should weigh 175lbs or something. fuck that.

i'm 6'2" and 205lbs, that fucking thing says i'm overweight, despite having a 34" waist and being in good shape.

i think one of those calculators said i should weigh 175lbs or something. fuck that.
Wow, great job on the reading comprehension. Like I said, it's useless for people in good shape. I'm 5'11" and 190 with a 30" waist, "overweight" by BMI standards but not at all in reality.

But the majority of people out there aren't in great shape, and when you go with what qualifies as "obese" under BMI, there will be very, very few people who are actually in good shape. It's clearly not useful for individual cases of people in shape, but again, like I said, it's useful for analyzing large groups and overall trends, especially when you stick to the "obese" range.

I live in a green state

However, these are just obesity rates. So it's just "what percentage of the population is really fat?" not "How fat is the average citizen?"

It would be neat to see average BMI or average body fat % for male and female

Wow, great job on the reading comprehension. Like I said, it's useless for people in good shape. I'm 5'11" and 190 with a 30" waist, "overweight" by BMI standards but not at all in reality.

But the majority of people out there aren't in great shape, and when you go with what qualifies as "obese" under BMI, there will be very, very few people who are actually in good shape. It's clearly not useful for individual cases of people in shape, but again, like I said, it's useful for analyzing large groups and overall trends, especially when you stick to the "obese" range.

I just think its useless for tall people and people who are built big.

im 6'5 250 and too lazy to go get the exact number but BMI pretty much tells me I should be under 200 lbs.

There is no way in hell short of going to a concentration camp I could be that lil, 230 is where im best but BMI calls that obese.

Back