[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread v2

my understanding is that the left's response is "we don't mind voter ID as long as it's automatic, free and easy to recieve. So far such a scheme has not been presented/crafted."

speculation - I think if a such a voter-ID bill was proposed, which was in fact easy, free and automatic. The repubs would vote it down.

Your understanding is incorrect. The left's response is that Voter ID is racist because minorities have trouble acquiring state issued ID. Nevermind that 75% of Americans want voter ID, and that were such a program to be implemented you can be damn sure that "community organizers" would have a program up and running to get anyone an ID that wants one.

The left's opposition is based squarely on the simple fact that whether they're cheating or not, they are more likely to lose votes from such a law than to gain any while the right is more likely to maintain their current totals. Even though Democrats are the more popular party, the margins are razor thin.

Chances are if Voter ID passed, the totals wouldn't change at all. Voter fraud is supposedly rare, and despite their racist low expectations for black people democrats would find that they're capable of acquiring a photo ID after all. But why take the chance when you can grandstand about democracy?

i can't believe ppl with a history of racism and voter suppression are being called racist when they're pushing more voting restrictions it's a crazy world we live in

my understanding is that the left's response is "we don't mind voter ID as long as it's automatic, free and easy to recieve. So far such a scheme has not been presented/crafted."

speculation - I think if a such a voter-ID bill was proposed, which was in fact easy, free and automatic. The repubs would vote it down.

I disagree. Would the dems oppose any actual verification of who the voter is? Dems would likely claim that disenfranchised citizens can't show their birth certificate or verification of citizenship. I mean, a free, easy to get ID would be fully supported by the right as long as there is something proving that the person getting the ID is a US voter. But dims would object. Guaranteed.

Now, the automatic part is an issue because if a person doesn't want to vote, they can not be forced to and automatically registering them is a violation of law. So, easy and free AND verified? Would they accept?

im willing to trade voter id for getting rid of the electoral college and just going with popular vote

ezpz lets do it chuds

If they're not mail-in then u culd be aloud to pick the gift wrap to be used for mailing ur ass back 2 u each cycle. ~namaste~

Your understanding is incorrect. The left's response is that Voter ID is racist because minorities have trouble acquiring state issued ID. Nevermind that 75% of Americans want voter ID, and that were such a program to be implemented you can be damn sure that "community organizers" would have a program up and running to get anyone an ID that wants one.

The left's opposition is based squarely on the simple fact that whether they're cheating or not, they are more likely to lose votes from such a law than to gain any while the right is more likely to maintain their current totals. Even though Democrats are the more popular party, the margins are razor thin.

Chances are if Voter ID passed, the totals wouldn't change at all. Voter fraud is supposedly rare, and despite their racist low expectations for black people democrats would find that they're capable of acquiring a photo ID after all. But why take the chance when you can grandstand about democracy?

my entire comment centered around "free, automatic and easy to receive"

not based on community members setting up such a process (which would surely be decried by the right as "stuffing the ballot box" because they consider the outreach to be a method to get dem propaganda to someone's front door).

it has to be done by the gov themselves.

I disagree. Would the dems oppose any actual verification of who the voter is? Dems would likely claim that disenfranchised citizens can't show their birth certificate or verification of citizenship. I mean, a free, easy to get ID would be fully supported by the right as long as there is something proving that the person getting the ID is a US voter. But dims would object. Guaranteed.

Now, the automatic part is an issue because if a person doesn't want to vote, they can not be forced to and automatically registering them is a violation of law. So, easy and free AND verified? Would they accept?

that's interesting.
I'm not sure that vote-ID would necessarily have to be entwined with registration.

the electoral college is 'Affirmative Action' for republicans. they can never let it go.

Flip the tables and the exact same would be said about the other party. The whole my shit don't stink thing does not work in US politics and most politics in general.

I find this kind of point to be weak. If you want to argue the holier than now thing forget it.

my entire comment centered around "free, automatic and easy to receive"

not based on community members setting up such a process (which would surely be decried by the right as "stuffing the ballot box" because they consider the outreach to be a method to get dem propaganda to someone's front door).

it has to be done by the gov themselves.

ID's are stupidly easy to acquire. Your entire comment is moot. Your argument hinges on "any burden is too much" even if that burden is heading to a DMV website, clicking a few things and waiting for a letter to arrive. My point is that essentially any burden, no matter how minor, would be immediately offset by Democrat operatives who want to collect as many votes as possible. You're not refuting anything.

PmZDeOD.jpg

aaaaaand this is why you should shut the fuck up about these things because you have no idea what is actually being said.

The left believes that its racist because blacks dont have ID's, don't know how to get them, dont know how to use the internet, don't know how to find the sites to get ID's and don't have the money. Even though some form of gov't id is required to do pretty much everything in this country.

So to recap, its racist to ask someone to use ID to identify themselves as a citizen, because the constitution states that citizens can vote, but its not racist to say that blacks are too stupid and too poor to have an ID when an ID is dirt cheap if not free in every state and required for most everything in the country unless you live in someone's garage in the boondocks.s

oh and also you are a moron.

Back