49" monitors. worth it?

Seriously Juggs, how did you end up a thousand higher with my build?

Seriously?

Thanks, I'll check it out. Maybe I'll get a keyboard with the numpad after all. It seems like everyone in the videos has the TenKeyLess. They have a desk with absolutely nothing on it but a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
Here's my experience with the Logitech, Drop CRTL TLK, and the amazing interface I'm currently using.
Do you even keyboard by Plasmatic - TribalWar Forums

Actually, I realized I don't have enough room on my desk for a 34" curved monitor. More like a 27" flat monitor, and once again, the LG seems to be the best one.
Amazon.com: LG 27GL850-B 27 Inch Ultragear QHD Nano IPS 1ms NVIDIA G-Sync Compatible Gaming Monitor, Black : Electronics
Been out for 2 years and everyone loves it in the review videos.

On the keyboard, it's probably going to be this one.
Amazon.com: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum XT Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Backlit RGB LED, Cherry MX RGB Brown, Black : Video Games
Wired, Palm rest, Numpad, Good keys, 85% review score.

Last edited:
Is this the best gaming monitor? by Flash - TribalWar Forums

Just picked up the Monitor Flash originally posted, but 32 inch and 1440p. $279 at Costco. The LG 32GN63T to be exact. Can confirm no stupid RGB, just has red paint on the stand, and red paint on the back. Pretty much moot as I use a lift arm support and generally look at the display, not the back.

1440p is nice going from a 1080p 27 inch ASUS monitor. Everything is the same size, but more real estate. 4K would probably be dumb even at 32 inches.

I ended up getting this for $2749

Acer Predator Orion 7000 PO7-640-UR11 Gaming Desktop | 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K 12-Core | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | 2TB HDD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E | RGB Keyboard & Mouse
Running win 11 home.

This thing is ridiculous. It has HUGE fans in it, almost like mini squirrel cage fans but still pretty quiet. hot swappable drive, reusable air filters (2)

and this for $424

SAMSUNG 34-Inch Odyssey G5 Ultra-Wide Gaming Monitor with 1000R Curved Screen, 165Hz, 1ms, FreeSync Premium, WQHD (LC34G55TWWNXZA, 2020 Model), Black

looks gorgeous.

Just got hardware situated and installed last night and went through basic setup. I'm keeping both PC's and the above beast will be just gaming, then putting my older pc to my left with dual monitors that will handle my 'regular' stuff, email and stuff. So i'll have 2 24's, 39" tv on the corner, then the 34" curved, then another 24. I don't know if im going to keep that extra 24. The new PC will easily handle it, i just dont know if i need it.

predator-orion-5000-po7-640-rgb-usbkm-modelmain.png

Let the rainbow be with you

Nice to see you embrace the RGB and LCBTQUIA+ group

GG

also glad u have finally gotten on board with air con, the world appears to have moved on in the meantime

nice rig tho chief

I ended up getting this for $2749

Running win 11 home.

This thing is ridiculous. It has HUGE fans in it, almost like mini squirrel cage fans but still pretty quiet. hot swappable drive, reusable air filters (2)

and this for $424

looks gorgeous.

Just got hardware situated and installed last night and went through basic setup. I'm keeping both PC's and the above beast will be just gaming, then putting my older pc to my left with dual monitors that will handle my 'regular' stuff, email and stuff. So i'll have 2 24's, 39" tv on the corner, then the 34" curved, then another 24. I don't know if im going to keep that extra 24. The new PC will easily handle it, i just dont know if i need it.
Sweet, take some pics once you're set up.

predator-orion-5000-po7-640-rgb-usbkm-modelmain.png

Let the rainbow be with you

Yeah i was worried about those fans. They aren't really rainbow colored, they are solid but change from time to time. Im guessing somewhere in the O.S. is some kind of app to control the colors The kb and the mouse will go to my old pc. I like my current kb and mouse and they are both wireless so that saves a little bit of wiring on the desk.

Thanks for the monitor suggestion. I've been doing a ton of research. The 27" LG 27GN950-B has a fan inside that can make noise and some people have lines that appear after a year. I'd have to get the insurance for $79 if I go with that monitor.

But now I'll move my main monitor and TV to the side of the desk which would leave enough room for an Ultra Wide in the middle. I know it can be done but I have to move everything first.

For those wondering what it looks like, this is a picture from 2016.
http://www.quatraine3.com/tw2016/NewCarpet0329161mp015.jpg
The printer on the right is gone, I have my work computer there now with 2 monitors so that spot is taken. The monitor and TV in the middle will have to move to the left. That will leave enough space in the middle for a curved monitor.

Congrats on your system Juggs. Post pictures when you have it all set up.

Last edited:
Thanks for the monitor suggestion. I've been doing a ton of research. The 27" LG 27GN950-B has a fan inside that can make noise and some people have lines that appear after a year. I'd have to get the insurance for $79 if I go with the flat panel.

But now I'll move my main monitor and TV to the side of the desk which would leave enough room for an Ultra Wide in the middle. I know it can be done but I have to move everything first.

For those wondering what it looks like, this is a picture from 2016.
igR3SPa.jpg

The printer on the right is gone, I have my work computer there now with 2 monitors so that spot is taken. The monitor and TV in the middle will have to move to the left. That will leave enough space in the middle for a curved monitor.

Congrats on your system Juggs. Post pictures when you have it all set up.

Bigger is better. Just get the flat 32 inch LG, you have more than enough desk space.

I reuploaded that pic to imgur.com (free image host btw)
You must have hotlinking turned off.

Back