rogue tips for hitting 80 in 3.3

[meph]DarkDonut

Contributor
Veteran XX
pessi your input would be nice

just started playing again, bout to hit 80 and i just need to know what build to start with while im gearing up in t9/heroix/10mans. i want to go mutilate since i've never played a dagger spec but i know you're supposed to keep rupture in your rotation till u get a certain level of gear.

so please tell me what spec/rotation i should be using until i can use the 51/18/2 spec.

At this point, I don't believe you need to rupture at all if you plan on going Mutilate. You want to maximize your envenom uptime for poison damage. You can go with the 51/18/2 spec now if you like.

With the badge system, you probably will never go back to getting Tier 8 again, which was good for rupture. Your whole rotation is basically keeping up HfB and maximize envenom uptime.

People talk about how easy it is to get gear these days, but I'm getting blocked so hard. I lie about my stats and still get told to gtfo from ToC10 runs. (sorry we're going for a quick run, sorry your GS is too low, sorry but we can get better geared dps) Looks like the only option is to grind out t9 through heroics, which I find ever so boring. And the queue time as a DPS is like 12 mins. Undergeared DPS are like a leper at a beauty contest. Hope you have better luck.

Garrote, HfB, SnD, Mut, Mut, Envenom, then just keep building up 4/5 pt combos for endless envenoms. Occasionally you might need to toss a rupture just to allow re-application of HfB, but that's basically it imo. (I just dusted off my rogue so I've been doing the same research) Apparently it's back to slow/slow now too and swap wound with instant for the 5 stack deadly double poison procs.

2bad, you just have to keep using the random system and get in on easy marks like VOA. If you can hit 3k you can run pretty much any heroic without anyone having a valid reason to bitch. But yeah you need to grind out t9 pieces (which don't take long at all!). I have never been gear tested in a random yet, on my rogue or on my shammy.

People talk about how easy it is to get gear these days, but I'm getting blocked so hard. I lie about my stats and still get told to gtfo from ToC10 runs. (sorry we're going for a quick run, sorry your GS is too low, sorry but we can get better geared dps) Looks like the only option is to grind out t9 through heroics, which I find ever so boring. And the queue time as a DPS is like 12 mins. Undergeared DPS are like a leper at a beauty contest. Hope you have better luck.

It didn't take me too long as a huntard. Yeah the queues were 8 - 12 minutes on average, but I do dailies and shit in the meantime or play on AH. And TBH 8 - 12 minutes is nothing compared to pre-RDF where you spent 2x to 3x as long to get a group only to find out you are kicked because "your gear sucks". Even if you are undergeared in RDF there's little risk of being booted. Everyone wants it done ASAP for the extra emblems and to do it again so they will take you even if your gear is on the low side.

The only exception seems to be if you roll Occulus. People seem to hate that one with a vengeance. Even with the horrendous nerf it got.

It didn't take me too long as a huntard. Yeah the queues were 8 - 12 minutes on average, but I do dailies and shit in the meantime or play on AH. And TBH 8 - 12 minutes is nothing compared to pre-RDF where you spent 2x to 3x as long to get a group only to find out you are kicked because "your gear sucks". Even if you are undergeared in RDF there's little risk of being booted. Everyone wants it done ASAP for the extra emblems and to do it again so they will take you even if your gear is on the low side.

The only exception seems to be if you roll Occulus. People seem to hate that one with a vengeance. Even with the horrendous nerf it got.

Too easy... Passing.

Getting 4t9 can be done in a weekend.

Clearly you had guild assistance gearing up your DPS-only class. Pick-ups/Solo it was different, even then the LFG system was new I'd still be in there for an hour or so before I got a response to a dungeon.

I have friends. I don't suck so people don't kick me out when I'm alone and pugging with blues on alts.

Learn to play.

Why does Terra have a hardon for Feannag this week, most of the time when Pessi gets on him it's amusing but not when Terra does it.

as a dps your best bet is heroics like everyone said. at the end of the heroic as if the tank or healer wants to stick around, then put the group back in LFG. if you have a tank in your group you're wait time is around 1 second.

like fool said. full t9 in a weekend is np.

My pally has been 80 for about a month and I'm already doing ICC (cleared 10 and 25). Gearing up was stupid easy. Cleared TOC25 the 1st week I hit 80. Though as a healer it's easier to get into pugs I find. Once the new patch came out made it so much easier too. gear from the new heroics + any triumph badge item i could possibly want.

Garrote, HfB, SnD, Mut, Mut, Envenom, then just keep building up 4/5 pt combos for endless envenoms. Occasionally you might need to toss a rupture just to allow re-application of HfB, but that's basically it imo. (I just dusted off my rogue so I've been doing the same research) Apparently it's back to slow/slow now too and swap wound with instant for the 5 stack deadly double poison procs.

2bad, you just have to keep using the random system and get in on easy marks like VOA. If you can hit 3k you can run pretty much any heroic without anyone having a valid reason to bitch. But yeah you need to grind out t9 pieces (which don't take long at all!). I have never been gear tested in a random yet, on my rogue or on my shammy.

with the change to deadly poisons, there's no need to switch out the offhand anymore for the wound poison. I'm hitting 2.3K dps now that i've added envenom into my rotation. The only gear i have is pretty much TOC 5 and the 2 daggers from ICC.

Back