my new gun

The only time I'd load a live round inside my own home is if someone was already in the process of breaking in, so its a non issue.

But you're right, its not something to take lightly. Im just saying that its not as big of a deal on a pump as it is with a semi. If his gun is already exhibiting problems which could potentially end up causing slam fires then he'd be an idiot to not get it checked out. But if it happens randomly, at least its just 1 shot that will go off and not 30.

Yikes.

A firearm should be kept in perfect working order. If not, it should be locked away unloaded until it can be repaired.

I keep a pump shotty in the bedroom for HD. It's loaded but not chambered. I am damned certain that when I rack it it's not going to slam fire. Not even one time out of thirty. Why? I don't want to shoot a big hole in my ceiling and roof, I don't want to deafen my wife and me, and I certainly don't want to have to clear the house and possibly confront a bad guy with a weapon I'm not 100% confident will function properly.

I see your point that with a pump it's just one round and with a semiautomatic it's a mag dump, but the fact of the matter is a malfunctioning firearm is just that.

Last edited:
There is no reason to keep your shotty NOT loaded, if you have home defense on mind then shit keep the tube full and pump it. I think the nit pick is really about wearing out ur spring. and if you have Home defense in mind then who the fuck care about spring.
You should test your weapon out every once in a while. make sure the thing cycles right.
I will post on the 40 round and 30 round mags here because i have a bunch on the way to me from cheaperthandirt.com
40 round mags for 17 bucks can't beat that right.

There is no reason to keep your shotty NOT loaded, if you have home defense on mind then shit keep the tube full and pump it. I think the nit pick is really about wearing out ur spring. and if you have Home defense in mind then who the fuck care about spring.
You should test your weapon out every once in a while. make sure the thing cycles right.
I will post on the 40 round and 30 round mags here because i have a bunch on the way to me from cheaperthandirt.com
40 round mags for 17 bucks can't beat that right.

Agreed, not to mention the fact that cycling in a shell, is a sound that will make a grown man shit himself.

Back