my new gun

80861815.jpg

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

It wouldn't be my first choice, but I think it looks nice.

On a side-note, anyone here shoot an fs2000? I held one at a show recently and I loved the way it felt, but I haven't talked to anyone about their experiences with them.

Why exactly do people buy automatic weapons? Other than being completely paranoid that about total anarchy, there's no real point. You going to go deer hunting with that automatic?

I never could understand someone who buys automatic weapons. I can only assume it's the fun factor and thrill of the shoot, but $1000 + shooting range costs? Sounds like a fucking expensive toy that you'll get no true/real use out of. Not to mention the cost of ammo, which is endless...

Why exactly do people buy automatic weapons? Other than being completely paranoid that about total anarchy, there's no real point. You going to go deer hunting with that automatic?

I never could understand someone who buys automatic weapons. I can only assume it's the fun factor and thrill of the shoot, but $1000 + shooting range costs? Sounds like a fucking expensive toy that you'll get no true/real use out of. Not to mention the cost of ammo, which is endless...

They are not automatic.

Why do you have to make two trips? the lower receiver is the only part of an AR15 that is considered a firearm. The upper receiver might as well be any other chunk of metal in the ATF's eyes, they can be sold and shipped without a FFL. Unless the upper is a SBR, that's a whole different ball game.

I have to make two trips because according to them they cannot sell me a lower and an upper in the same day because that would be considered "manufacturing firearms." And they don't have a license to "manufacture firearms."

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, because you are absolutely right..only the lower is serial numbered (dont get me started on how dumb that is). It sounds bullshit which means its probably actually the law (yay liberals). Regardless I am on my way back today to go get the rest of the stuff I need.

This is my first AR build ever and I decided to do it from "scratch". I heard the trigger group was the hardest part, and that took me 25 minutes. 10 minutes was trying to get the damn hammer spring compressed enough to get it in place. There are lots of decent videos on how to put it all together.

I should have taken pictures of the progress, but i didnt think about it until it was just about finished.

I'd love to take you out to the range one day  man date . Anyone with an aversion to firearms that I have taken to a range has always loved it and begged me to take them back or show them more guns. I get the impression that you haven't really been around firearms or people that own them and enjoy the hobby. We aren't all redneck bunker hiding anarchists.

It's a blast to go shooting. It can be a fun hobby or you can join clubs and shoot competitively. I have never been hunting, but I'd imagine that's pretty exciting too.

This is one of those things that you can't fully comprehend until you have tried it yourself.

Where do you live Weioo? (What country/state?)

:huh:

Automatic weapons are a hell of a lot more expensive than $1,000.

wikipedia said:
For civilian possession, all machineguns must have been manufactured prior to May 19, 1986 to be transferable between citizens. These machinegun prices have drastically escalated in value, and are literally “worth their weight in gold” – especially items like registered sears and conversion-kits. Only a Class-II manufacturer (a FFL holder licensed to manufacture firearms or Type-07 license that has paid a Special Occupational Tax Stamp or SOT) could manufacture machineguns after that date, and they can only be sold to Government, law-enforcement, and military entities. Transfer can only be done to other SOT FFL-holders, and such FFL-holders must have a “demonstration letter” from a respective Government agency to receive such machineguns. Falsification and/or misuse of the “demo-letter” process can and has resulted in long jail sentences and felony convictions for violators.

I'd love to take you out to the range one day  man date . Anyone with an aversion to firearms that I have taken to a range has always loved it and begged me to take them back or show them more guns. I get the impression that you haven't really been around firearms or people that own them and enjoy the hobby. We aren't all redneck bunker hiding anarchists.

It's a blast to go shooting. It can be a fun hobby or you can join clubs and shoot competitively. I have never been hunting, but I'd imagine that's pretty exciting too.

This is one of those things that you can't fully comprehend until you have tried it yourself.

Well said.

I am of german heritage and the blood of the dane does run through my veins so i have my own religions.
I will not bore you.

Oh that's fine, I only worry about monotheists. They're an inherently unstable lot :)

Never been a fan of the ak platform, but to each his own I guess. AR platform is much more customizable. Lots of talk about durability and reliability with the AKs, but I don't recall anyone owning a knockoff ak ever dragging it through the mud or sand. 99.9999% of the time the closest these guns get to dirt is the floorboards of a pickup truck.

But good that you're exercising your rights to own firearms.

Agreed.

But do you knock AR owners who don't customize their firearm? Why bash AK owners who treat their weapon respectfully?

I'm not bashing the owners, I'm bashing the platform. It's one single redeeming factor is it's durability and reliability, yet just about every owner of an ak style rifle in the US treats it just like any other rifle in their closet/gunsafe/whatever. The reason to own an AK isn't a factor for most people.

well said. my fiance and a coworker are two examples of this.

when you actually learn about firearms, and get the chance to use them, you treat them like the tool that they are.

That's true. I'd add price as another redeeming factor though.

Spending a thousand dollars on a rifle doesn't make price a factor either. While it's true that ammo costs are an issue, if that's a problem just go buy a ruger 10/22 and save yourself a bunch of cash.

I am biased, of course. As a retired military vet I prefer the AR platform because of familiarity more than anything.

well said. my fiance and a coworker are two examples of this.

when you actually learn about firearms, and get the chance to use them, you treat them like the tool that they are.

My wife (then fiance) was dead set against guns. Super pissed that I wasn't willing to part with mine. Finally got her to go shooting up at Burro Canyon...complete 180'. She had a blast and bought a 10/22 a short time later.

Back