Installing WOW again...

I think the only potential problem with archaeology would be the higher potential for just straight up ganking. Since each player will have their own, phasing dig sites the only reason anyone would have for hanging around and ganking would be specifically to deny you access to finding your artifact pieces.

As for that 2H'er that was mentioned, I was under the impression drops from archaeology were largely hit or miss. And the drops are based on your level and skill. Given that, it could stand to reason you could get a comparable weapon just doing heroics if you really needed to start raiding rather than digging around constantly at what...? 500 or whatever the new cap will be?

I'll be working on my archeology and won't care about some level 12 Human Paladin trying to quest.

I wouldn't either, but a lot of people will throw out an instant attack to kill a lowbie. Will archeology still give xp in the full release or is that just a beta thing? I might just level to 85 by leveling archeology to kill two birds with one stone.

haven't been keeping up with things; is the new raid content going to be challenging in anyway? or will it be a joke like naxx 2.0

In the beta right now, it seems there is significant challenge. Unfortunately the heroics don't seem consistent but raids seem to be very challenging. Then again I don't think they opened up cata raiding for more than 1 - weeks right now?

Yah. I installed (took 4 hours, discs were corrupted).. so I downloaded the client for my laptop and desktop.

I want to play a bit now to get back into it.. see what new skills we have.. get my UI all setup and ready to go for Cata.. etc.

Then I plan to level up a new race on a new server to run PvP. Not sure what class yet or what side or what server. Some of the peeps I am going to run with are on Lightbringer Alliance currently.

Anyone know what servers / battlegroups are the best competition? Can't tell if I am going to be Alliance or Horde yet...

P.S. - My RAF started yesterday because that is when my account was created... doesn't matter if I put a credit card in yet. It is for 3 months, so I am not worried.. I can get 1-60 in a week prob with triple XP grouping with my friend.

i resubbed, and totally forgot about the RAF shit

:( fuck this leveling could take forever

No.

Call support.. it might take 45 minutes on hold.. but they can RETRO you the RAF.

I called today.. just need to send them my friends account name.

^_^

yeah, add zeph or me

frijo/frijoladin/frijomage/frijoshock

we don't seem to have any really good shamans at all if anyone needs a raid spot ;o

It's more than CC now, especially heroics. A good number of fights involve mechanics that simple tank and spank won't work and even CC'ing won't completely save you. At least until they nerf it...
Yeah, 5-man bosses are much more like raid bosses now as far as abilities they use. There are fires to stand in, and easy ways to get one-shot.

old world is gonna be phased anyway to prevent ganking

I think they specifically said this is not the case a long while ago. What are you basing this on? They definitely do have different phases as you complete quest lines, but I've not heard of them separating different level characters.

Back