[Canada] Justin Trudeau's third term...

U can have a more pro free market party without socially regressive dinosaurs the liberals can use as a boogeyman cuz they are too chickenshit to unequivocally state they dont support repealing abortion or gun laws or vaccine passports or whatever the fuck the cpc tries to pretend that they believe personally but wont actually try and legislate on

And the point is that running a political party with these values is a waste of time because only a tiny portion of the electorate is able to stomach the social policies

Anecdotal but most ppl I know cannot stand the conservatives but the myth that conservative governments are somehow better fiscally means that everyone plugs their nose to vote for jobs and all the ugly old man shit nobody really agrees with simply cuz they're seen as the only "other" option for a governing party that has somewhat realistic financial goals

Last edited:
The Conservatives just have to realize that their policies and brand are unelectable in canada and to try something different

Jettison the ppcs types and fringe right elements that prevent them from forming government and try to make a party that actually appeals to the kingmakers in Ontario and Quebec . They're a detriment more than they're a boon and are actively hampering their chances at ever making a real splash again

The amount they have to gain from urban ontario/qc will far outweigh any losses they'll incur from rural western canada. Like the election was called and over before voting even closed in bc. The base doesn't matter whatsoever I the grand scheme of things

This is the issue though... this is saying that "Canada" is really just Ontario and Quebec and the West doesn't matter if all you want to do is rule the country. This is exactly the sentiment Western Canadians chafe under and why they are disgruntled.

This vote splitting issue also highlights the problem with "First Past the Post" voting. Canadian's voted conservative, whether it is CPC or PPC or Maverick, they're all conservative parties that have more in common than not.

In provincial election for Alberta 2015... the province overwhelmingly voted conservative like Alberta always has for the past 50 years, but the NPD ended up as the ruling party simply because conservative vote was divided among which shade of blue conservative Albertans were voting for. As soon as that division was resolved and the party was united again in 2019, the NPD were crushed and replaced rather handedly.

The same thing is happening now at the national level. However, instead of conservatives abandoning the PPC or other fringe votes out of fear of vote splitting, they should stop sitting on the fence with issues, trying to walk the fine line of progressive political correctness and actually take a clear stand on issues. They've been cowed into being luke warm out of fear of being called a bad word in the name of wokism.

The go along to get along attitude is what leads people to become indifferent and not care any more because it marginalizes individual voices that don't agree with the status quo.

If I strongly felt that Maxine Bernier would make a better party leader and a better Prime Minister than Erin O'Toole, than why would I suppress that opinion and surrender my vote to continue to prop up the impotent corporate brand of the CPC?

This is the issue though... this is saying that "Canada" is really just Ontario and Quebec and the West doesn't matter if all you want to do is rule the country. This is exactly the sentiment Western Canadians chafe under and why they are disgruntled.

This vote splitting issue also highlights the problem with "First Past the Post" voting. Canadian's voted conservative, whether it is CPC or PPC or Maverick, they're all conservative parties that have more in common than not.

In provincial election for Alberta 2015... the province overwhelmingly voted conservative like Alberta always has for the past 50 years, but the NPD ended up as the ruling party simply because conservative vote was divided among which shade of blue conservative Albertans were voting for. As soon as that division was resolved and the party was united again in 2019, the NPD were crushed and replaced rather handedly.

The same thing is happening now at the national level. However, instead of conservatives abandoning the PPC or other fringe votes out of fear of vote splitting, they should stop sitting on the fence with issues, trying to walk the fine line of progressive political correctness and actually take a clear stand on issues. They've been cowed into being luke warm out of fear of being called a bad word in the name of wokism.

The go along to get along attitude is what leads people to become indifferent and not care any more because it marginalizes individual voices that don't agree with the status quo.

If I strongly felt that Maxine Bernier would make a better party leader and a better Prime Minister than Erin O'Toole, than why would I suppress that opinion and surrender my vote to continue to prop up the impotent corporate brand of the CPC?

I think albertans are battered women too afraid to leave as much as you when it comes to voting blue, but I cant imagine this province voting UPC next provincial election

Wait, no I actually can believe it. They probably will reward legitimately the worst government I've ever seen in my entire life with another term cuz orange woman light bulbs or something

Tbh i think the voting blue no matter what problem is a chicken and egg scenario. Why would you vote for a party that doesnt care about you?why would they care about you if there is zero chance you'll win any seats there? And so we have 100 years of conservatives winning every seat in the province with 85% of the vote no matter how incompetent they are

Shit sucks. Being in ab I am just glad none of the ppc or maverick party candidates made any waves. The ppc guy in my riding left a pamphlet on my door that looked like it was written by samuwell. Dude thinks the UN is gonna force white canadians out of their houses to move indigenous ppl in

U can have a more pro free market party without socially regressive dinosaurs the liberals can use as a boogeyman cuz they are too chickenshit to unequivocally state they dont support repealing abortion or gun laws or vaccine passports or whatever the fuck the cpc tries to pretend that they believe personally but wont actually try and legislate on

And the point is that running a political party with these values is a waste of time because only a tiny portion of the electorate is able to stomach the social policies

Anecdotal but most ppl I know cannot stand the conservatives but the myth that conservative governments are somehow better fiscally means that everyone plugs their nose to vote for jobs and all the ugly old man shit nobody really agrees with simply cuz they're seen as the only "other" option for a governing party that has somewhat realistic financial goals

That boogeyman doesn't exist. Its a narrative that just has no basis in reality. I'm not even sure the CPC has a cohesive fundamental platform of values to begin with. They're reactionary.

The progressive left drives the narrative and the "conservatives" tag along. We like progress! OKAY just maybe not THAT FAST! Uh okay. Its playing out wonderfully on the social front, nevermind the economic freefall we're gonna have to deal with in the coming years.

That boogeyman doesn't exist. Its a narrative that just has no basis in reality. I'm not even sure the CPC has a cohesive fundamental platform of values to begin with. They're reactionary.

The progressive left drives the narrative and the "conservatives" tag along. We like progress! OKAY just maybe not THAT FAST! Uh okay. Its playing out wonderfully on the social front, nevermind the economic freefall we're gonna have to deal with in the coming years.

I dont disagree that there isn't actually a boogeyman, but they do it to themselves man

Literally all u have to do is say "no, we will not be introducing any legislation around abortion" instead of "we will allow mps to enact their own Bill's that mean a lot to them" or whatever dumb shit they like to say out of the side of their mouths to appease the actual hard right base they would otherwise alienate by just plainly stating no

I dont disagree that there isn't actually a boogeyman, but they do it to themselves man

Literally all u have to do is say "no, we will not be introducing any legislation around abortion" instead of "we will allow mps to enact their own Bill's that mean a lot to them" or whatever dumb shit they like to say out of the side of their mouths to appease the actual hard right base they would otherwise alienate by just plainly stating no

I disagree whole heartedly. What I think has to be said from strong leadership is that "no, we will not be discussing abortion because its not important", the same line goes for "climate change" and the same line goes for whatever other social darling topic gets brought up during an election year.

These are fucking fringe topics put in the spotlight to divide people along deeply moral lines, or to prey on their fear. How many abortions a year in Canada? 80,000. Its statistically irrelevant enough to not be a top 10 issue in a federal election, let alone an issue that gets brought up every god damned election to stigmatize the opposition. THEY'RE BABY KILLERS! No, THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO HAVE AUTONOMY OVER YOUR BODY! Ugh. Fuck, off.

They're playing this dog and pony show in front of you for your votes, pandering and pulling at heart strings, dividing the people, and avoiding real issues that a federal government actually needs to be concerned with. International relations, defense, trade, energy, infrastructure, and monetary policy.

i can't believe ur upset that abortion is a distraction when the ppl who keep bringing it up are the conservatives who don't want abortion

i can't believe ur upset that abortion is a distraction when the ppl who keep bringing it up are the conservatives who don't want abortion

where? in Alabama? :lol:

Nobody serious has a snowball's chance in hell of legislating away abortion in Canada. Its a non-issue. There is no political will whatsoever to do that, not from leadership nor the citizenry.

Nobody serious has a snowball's chance in hell of legislating away abortion in Canada. Its a non-issue. There is no political will whatsoever to do that, not from leadership nor the citizenry.

:lol: this is just a bunch of excuses for why abortion can't be outlawed instead of just saying it shouldn't be

this is exactly why it keeps coming up

sure thing cael :lol: :lol:

we need to be pacified by our leaders re-affirming that whales can't fly

sampo-jumisko-flying-whales-final.jpg

dear canada, this year, we the people you've tasked with figuring out how to manage half a trillion dollars of your money, promise that whales will indeed not be flying until next election

maybe they should stop introducing anti-abortion bills then

Conservative MP’s abortion bill defeated 248-82 | Globalnews.ca

81 of the 82 votes for the bill were conservative MP's (and the 82nd was a former con)

they haven't stopped trying, they just get outvoted every time

maybe thats why their political opponents bring it up

At least he didn't get total power. I can understand that he has Canada all freaked out over COVID and he knew he was going to win based on the overwhelming urge many people have to not make great changes in a time of stress. Pretty much a dick move to call the election early.

But, whatever. I understand how frustrating it is to watch a douche like him get voted in again. I also understand why Smiling Canadian moved out. Not every place in the US is wonderful to live in but you can still find awesome places where you are pretty much free to do what you will. Especially if you like smaller towns. Thank god for smaller towns and good people.

If I was Canada - I would start making high quality traditional items in quantity for the USA and market the fuck out of it.

MADE IN CANADA - It's like buying at home, just a bit North.

maybe they should stop introducing anti-abortion bills then

Conservative MP’s abortion bill defeated 248-82 | Globalnews.ca

81 of the 82 votes for the bill were conservative MP's (and the 82nd was a former con)

they haven't stopped trying, they just get outvoted every time

maybe thats why their political opponents bring it up

Saskatchewan MP Cathay Wagantall brought forward Bill C-233, which sought to ban doctors from performing an abortion based on the sex of a fetus, which was defeated in a 248-82 vote Wednesday afternoon.

The most vanilla abortion bill ever, got blasted 248-82. Yep solid argument for my point. Let's keep talking about abortion!

Back