Pre-Order Digital Download now available.

Is there anyway to preload the client even if im buying the game in the store? I have a collectors edition on preorder and I would love to be able to just jump in once i upgrade my account.

Servers will crash like always anyway. Of course this saves you installation time. Hyjal's gonna have so many people in it you won't be able to move.

Rumor has it that the digital download will not contain in-game cinematics (rendered or ingame ala wrath gate). Apparently the digital download currently offered for Lich King has had them removed as well for 'bandwidth' reasons.

Just an FYI for those contemplating it.

Rumor has it that the digital download will not contain in-game cinematics (rendered or ingame ala wrath gate). Apparently the digital download currently offered for Lich King has had them removed as well for 'bandwidth' reasons.

Just an FYI for those contemplating it.

Highly doubt this. As fool said, they aren't huge files.

Yes I'm sure that on a 10gb download they'd worry about the extra 100mb for an opening cinematic.

The digital download of WotLK is 500 megs less and does not include the cinematic. People have assumed that the Cataclysm Digital Download will be the same.

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Intro cinematics are gone after reinstalling is the post in the forums everyone is up in arms about. Blizzard hasn't come out and said anything to the contrary for Cata, so as I said, the current rumor stands.

Fair day all,

Alright, so we've completed the investigation and it appears that from this point forward, the digital download will no longer include the game Pre-rendered Cinematics/Cutscenes as part of the download. As such the Wrath loading cinematic, Wrathgate, etc... will no longer be installed with the game when using the digital streaming download. This may change in the future(no promises, heh) however for right now they are not part of the digital download.

[ Post edited by Lucasmcc ]

More speculation for the fire: Activision Considers Selling Video Game Cutscenes - Could this be the beginning of the end? :tinfoil:

Last edited:
Well, if it does happen, that's pretty shitty because there is nothing in the online store stating the game doesn't come with cinematics.

Selling cinematics as a separate purchase? While I would initially call bullshit, this IS Kotick after all. And he's had a rather extensive, documented reputation for being hellbent on attempting to nickel-and-dime gamers of all platforms. So I don't think that ending up to be true would be too far off.

They finally made an announcement regarding the cinematics:

Originally Posted by Bashiok
We’d like to take a moment to clarify how we’ll be delivering World of Warcraft: Cataclysm cinematics to players who purchase the expansion digitally through Battle.net or download the installer from the web in the future.

Prior to the December 7 launch of Cataclysm, all current World of Warcraft players will receive the Cataclysm intro cinematic as part of an upcoming patch. In addition, all other in-game cinematics (including previous ones such as the Wrathgate movie) will be available for download to players who have not previously installed them. These cinematics will be automatically downloaded in the background while you play the game, after other critical game data has been received

i don't think they are charging for cinematics for a game you already have, they are going to compile all cinematics from like WC1 ---> wow onto a dvd or something, maybe add some art

Back