Deus Ex: Human Revolution

where can I sell shit in China?
old.gif

Out of curiosity, why do you feel that way about Steam?

I'm the opposite. I'm more likely to buy a game that's on Steam than not.

It's the facebookiness of it all. I don't see why they need to know what I'm playing and when, and who my friends are. If you ike the convenience, that's fine, but it should be optional.

Also, I'd like to give my copy away to somebody who does like and use Steam. So far I haven't found a way to do that, so Steam means I don't own it. It's just DRM to me.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

First of all, it's not 2001. Steam works great. Also, I call bullshit on your buying it. If you dont like steam, then why the hell would you buy it on steam in the first place?

I bought it as a retail box at a brick & mortar store. Single player. I never even thought to ask whether it required Steam. Yes. It works great as hoops to jump through and DRM. I don't like it, why you gotta hag me for that?

Just found out you can turn the objects in your inventory. Maybe I shouldn't had skipped the tutorials.

just beaten it, had to knock the difficulty down from 'deus ex' to 'challenge me' when i got to the first boss, then kept it at that the rest of the game.

superb experience though, loved all the deus ex references and has almost compelled me to play the original again (especially the ending) because the story is brilliant.

oh and the takedown animations crack me up everytime, not to mention some of the funny emails you read haha

One thing that's really bothering me about the stealth gameplay is that you're locked out of a lot of tools if you're going for Ghost/Smooth Operator bonuses or just in general don't want to be detected. Things like Gas Grenades, hacked Turrets, and hacked Robots all immediately turn things Hostile regardless of whether they saw you or not.

About halfway through China I basically decided I didn't care about a no-detection/no-alarm playthrough because I was tired of not being able to use the above mechanics. I'm hoping they patch that to only cause 'Alarmed' status in the future, there's a lot of fun things you can do with the turrets/robots, but the current alarm-state mechanics make it pointless to do anything but disable them.

where can I sell shit in China?
old.gif

First Floor of the Hotel you start at has a merchant behind a wall panel. The guys in the Alice Gardens hotel eventually leave due to story reasons (though by this point you're just about done with China anyway).

Last edited:
i thought this game was going take me 35 hour or something, i played this for 8 hour doing the side quests and I'm in china already.

red dead redemption took me 34 something hours and i think i played that for weeks, ive played this for 2 days and i think im already half done the game

this is going to be a good year for me and PC games

Deus Ex, BF3, Skyrim, and if they increase the speed of the game, T:A

Question for those who have beaten the game, by the end, how many praxis upgrades do you get?
I want to say I got around 40. I basically had everything but Aim Stability, 1 rank of recoil, 2 ranks of Hacking Fortify, 1 rank of radar, and no cloaking.

How many were you able to buy in total?
I believe 10 total. It was only slightly hard for me to get the money for both kits on the first Detroit visit, and then credits just kind of rolled in. By the time I was done with China I had around 25k credits.

i thought this game was going take me 35 hour or something, i played this for 8 hour doing the side quests and I'm in china already.

red dead redemption took me 34 something hours and i think i played that for weeks, ive played this for 2 days and i think im already half done the game
I would say after China, which is very lengthy, you'd be half way roughly.

Also, I'd like to give my copy away to somebody who does like and use Steam. So far I haven't found a way to do that, so Steam means I don't own it. It's just DRM to me.

Is this even possible with PC games these days? Every game I've bought requires some sort of online activation of CD-Keys. I don't see what Steam has done to prevent you from giving a game to a friend in a way that differs from every other game for PC on the market today.

You want to give it to your friend? Give them your Steam account info so they can play it. If I wanted to lend out DA:O, or Mass Effect2, or BFBC2, I'd have to give the person my EA account info. This isn't going to revert to a pre-drm era, and it's only a matter of time before console games do this too.

Im pretty pissed at the bossfights so far. There should be different solutions for killing stuff, but honestly, that typhoon girl is just not beatable imo.

I did the stealth augmentations and now I can't use them, pretty bullshit.

Im pretty pissed at the bossfights so far. There should be different solutions for killing stuff, but honestly, that typhoon girl is just not beatable imo.

Spoiler

Spoiler

But yeah, I find the boss fights pretty annoying. I'm playing quite stealthy, non-lethal so when I come to a boss and the only way to get passed it is to go all twitch, guns blazing, it kinda ruins the flow of the game. I wish they would have developed some options to take out bosses in different ways depending on your build.

Spoiler

But yeah, I find the boss fights pretty annoying. I'm playing quite stealthy, non-lethal so when I come to a boss and the only way to get passed it is to go all twitch, guns blazing, it kinda ruins the flow of the game. I wish they would have developed some options to take out bosses in different ways depending on your build.

Yeah that and the 1 battery rule are my only two major grips with this game so far.

But they are pretty annoying and lower my views on this game.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

[edit] in this thread: spoilerbars answer spoilerbars.

Back