Tribes =S3=

If you have time, I'd like you to talk about HT for a bit. I thought you were one of the most underrated teams in T1, and I'm not just saying it because I had a man-crush on Bionic.

I don't really know much about them!

Andrew or RabidLeper seemed to like me well enough and they asked me to join or something! Clamsoda and maybe Jaymz or someone didn't like me so much because I didn't play much!

I think Bionic (along with many others!) was mostly gone by the time I joined. This was after TRIBES 2 initially died if I remember correctly.

I did play with him in a couple other teams early in TRIBES. HE WAS VERY GOOD! :)

I probably played more with Rainbow Robotz... which also wasn't much! I preferred to duel and play arena or was playing Soldier of Fortune or CounterStrike or something!

Last edited:
Yeah!

I might have played in one or two matches if at all.

I didn't play much in the evenings or even really chat much with them in IRC.

I talked (and played!) more with the KBD/Tsunami universe of people: herbtown, PhoE, Guymelef, Refried, etc.

Some overlapping occurred I suppose once the game started to dwindle in 2001.

Went to a LAN party that S3 Vodka put on in Memphis TN? My mind is old and unreliable so it might have been someone else but we played Tribes...

S3 kicked my ass many times...

ACE TOOK #1 AFTER KICKING THE DOG SHIT OUT OF NUTZ SHORTLY PRIOR TO THIS SCREENSHOT!

Then, they challenged us after we beat Sticks and not only hacked to win, but had to glitch out the flag on Rollercoaster by scout ramming it.

PATHETIC!

I don't remember a ton about tribes specifically with matches but I sure remember ACE freaking out over flag glitches. I loved scout capping on RQ. If you allowed someone thru that cubby hole of a ceiling with a scout to grab your flag... then you know flag jumping can happen *shrug*

I don't remember a ton about tribes specifically with matches but I sure remember ACE freaking out over flag glitches. I loved scout capping on RQ. If you allowed someone thru that cubby hole of a ceiling with a scout to grab your flag... then you know flag jumping can happen :shrug:

"If you're not cheating. you're not trying hard enough." ;)

Handi was one of the nicest guys on S3. Loved chatting with that guy.

Farm was cool as hell. Totally contrary to Rasta's abrasive personality. Forgot about him.

I want Rasta's dentist's phone #.

Handi had a very strong chaingun, and was quite the strong gamer. I believe he also had very high levels of success in a game called Everquest.

I tried out for HT. They were a little bit stand-off-ish at first, but warmed up after I threw a few discs at them. I got vibes that it was not a team that would hold together and ended up going with Team Fusion instead though. Later HT disbanded and I learned that my intuition was correct.

Alright, I'll go ahead and say it. They were a little bit "mightier than thou" towards me (not DrShoktar, he was chill and I liked that he used ELF gun on me). It was hard to get that try out in the first place cus "no random scrub in IRC could possibly match their skill" (this attitude was prevalent in most any top ladder team). Their attitude changed a lot and they became much nicer towards me after I dueled them. It rubbed me the wrong way though and I lost interest in playing for them.

Team Fusion was classy. Made a good choice on that one.

Coolio banned me from s3 servers shortly after I put on a Team Fusion tag, because he did not recognize me and thought I was smurfing. I had to get Baxter to talk with him and unban me.

The funniest s3 moment for me was Sepultura getting caught smurfing in warm-ups before an official match. He was playing as the name "rutherford" and Rasta just started being super loud about it.

"rutherford? What kind of fucking name is that? Should I ban him?" -Rasta

"Wait wait, it's me Sepultura, don't ban me!"

Sepultura had to expose his horrible smurf name and everyone laughed at him.

Was a great moment.

Ahhhh... Tribes...

Didn't that LAN also include the server you played on? I remember that being a thing with S3. Most of VuP was midwest or east coast. We played S3 with 70-140ms pings and they were all sub 10ms.

I'm sure even if we were all on the same LAN you guys would have won, but might have been a little more competitive. Was frustrating as hell playing with almost 100ms more latency and occasional packetloss. I played LD those games....maddening.

Didn't that LAN also include the server you played on? I remember that being a thing with S3. Most of VuP was midwest or east coast. We played S3 with 70-140ms pings and they were all sub 10ms.

I'm sure even if we were all on the same LAN you guys would have won, but might have been a little more competitive. Was frustrating as hell playing with almost 100ms more latency and occasional packetloss. I played LD those games....maddening.

I think so. They had a dedicated T1 actually not like it was some home connection though.

Jerry you haven't addressed ??Magics?? yet. If memory serves, you started that clan with a solid roster, and for some reason it didn't go anywhere. I never knew why it failed.

Back