Current news thread

"June 1981: Nearly 800 people died when seven of the nine coaches of an overcrowded train fell into a river during a cyclone"

Holy shit. 800

Aren't indian trains kind of a free-for-all? I've always seen images of trains there just completely packed, people even sitting on top of the cars

56d08e692e5265b8008b9db2

First, I want to note that this article uses “women” to describe people biologically equipped to experience pregnancy, while recognizing that not all people who identify as women are so equipped, and not all people so equipped identify as women.

North Korea wins leading role at World Health Organization.

North Korea Wins Leading Role at World Health Organization - UN Watch).

Congratulations to Kim Jung Un!

I wonder if their fear of being attacked is really so serious that they spend the countrys money on defense rather than on the country itself, food, etc. or if the leadership is really pocketing that money and trying to keep a stranglehold on power.

Because if he did stop spending so much on defense and started throwing money at the people, opened up the country to allow for growth, the population would probably damn near saint him and revere him as a god for generations

GettyImages-1249816907.jpg

‘Mr. Bean’ star Rowan Atkinson feels ‘duped’ by promises of electric vehicles | Fox Business

Rowan Atkinson, the British comedian perhaps best known to international audiences as Mr. Bean, has also been a life-long car fanatic, and spoke out questioning electric vehicles' benefits.

Atkinson wrote an opinion piece for The Guardian Sunday, in response to proposed legislation the United Kingdom that would ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars by 2030.

"Electric vehicles may be a bit soulless, but they’re wonderful mechanisms: fast, quiet and, until recently, very cheap to run," he wrote.

"But increasingly, I feel a little duped. When you start to drill into the facts, electric motoring doesn’t seem to be quite the environmental panacea it is claimed to be."

The actor, who received a degree in electrical and electronic engineering from Newcastle University before receiving and advanced degree in electrical engineering from The Queen’s College, Oxford, says he was an early adopter of electric vehicles, but sees some issues with the proposed ban.
More at link...

Back