This day got expensive quick

this is why renting is great. no risk of a big unexpected cost to pay, and i have the option to move any year to another place.

Down here, renters pay damn near double what i pay in mortgage payments for the same size house

Down here, renters pay damn near double what i pay in mortgage payments for the same size house

It was the same for us when we were still in Vancouver. Priced out of the market, and kept that way due to inflated rent costs never giving you enough to get a down payment started. I'd rather have the costs of repairs/upgrades every few years as our far lessor cost in mortgage payments just increases our equity.

But even out here in the middle of nowhere northern waste of Alberta, our rental place before we bought cost $600 more than our mortgage now.

It was the same for us when we were still in Vancouver. Priced out of the market, and kept that way due to inflated rent costs never giving you enough to get a down payment started. I'd rather have the costs of repairs/upgrades every few years as our far lessor cost in mortgage payments just increases our equity.

But even out here in the middle of nowhere northern waste of Alberta, our rental place before we bought cost $600 more than our mortgage now.

Yeah I would rather have my own place. We got in this place right before the market took off. I have been here just about 7 years and the value of the house has doubled what we originally paid and i don't doubt it will likely keep going up until florida's housing bubble pops.

But right now, real estate agents are scrambling for inventory. I have a few friends that are realtors and they are saying most houses go within the first 2-3 days of being listed. I get no-stop cards, emails and letters from agents that want to buy the house

Back