Windows 11, lol

Some of my equipment runs a special build of windows 95. Pretty funny to see the splash screen when rebooting.

when i flew on the goodyear blimp the sign software was still running 95 but this was 11 or 12 years ago

i'm still using 7 on my living room mediaplex faptop (acer aspire from 2009 w/ the fking ATI CARD, SON!)

I have 11 running on my lapbob but I rarely use that thing anymore. I do not like the removal or reorganization of the task bar. Seems too Mac for me but whatever. I have yet to monkey around in file explore so I cannot comment on that.

I do not like upgrading the OS and would prefer a clean install. I will try that out in a few weeks or so.

I run 7 on this machine I built 10 years ago no big deal.
Same here. Some programs are no longer support on 7, like TurboTax. I did mine on my work laptop. My machine does everything I need, except play the latest games. I play CSGO and die before even seeing the other person. It's like I'm a 10th of a second behind everyone else, and it takes a minute for a level to load. I play Galaxy Attack Alien Shooter in my iPhone instead. I do plan on building a new machine, but the parts are out of stock (chip shortage) and the prices are high for the graphics cards (3070, 3080).

Last edited:
Got 11 here. Moved the start back to being in the bottom left corner, then nuked all the start items it had automatically pinned for me. Re-pinned the things I had pinned in W10, and after that everything has been fine. I like the little visual tweaks through out.

the build of Windows 11 I am running has a bug where Windows Explorer decides to crash over and over randomly. "awesome" (running an insider build so I can run android apps)

Got 11 here. Moved the start back to being in the bottom left corner, then nuked all the start items it had automatically pinned for me. Re-pinned the things I had pinned in W10, and after that everything has been fine. I like the little visual tweaks through out.
Perfect. I am not liking the removal of the task bar or the new start menu. I too prefer it in the left corner. Why would they go and do this?

Same here. Some programs are no longer support on 7, like TurboTax. I did mine on my work laptop. My machine does everything I need, except play the latest games. I play CSGO and die before even seeing the other person. It's like I'm a 10th of a second behind everyone else, and it takes a minute for a level to load. I play Galaxy Attack Alien Shooter in my iPhone instead. I do plan on building a new machine, but the parts are out of stock (chip shortage) and the prices are high for the graphics cards (3070, 3080).

unfortunately for everyone now that AMD/NVIDIA see that ppl are willing to pay $2000 for an $800 card even now that the video card shortage is basically over the prices are never gonna go down and the next generation prices are gonna reflect that

7 was a gem, but I hear it has security holes now. That's just what I hear, I don't know anything about computers.

Back