[Legions] What pissses me off the most

What you guys don't seem to get is just because you can ski faster then you could in t1/t2 right off the bat doesn't mean that you can ski as fast as someone who is good at the game can.

Not to mention you have played tribes games for fucking years already, of course you can ski decently right away. If it was hard for you to do you would be complaining about it, but since you can ski decently just intuitively, it is too easy?

I don't know, I keep seeing these random blue beams flashing around me that don't appear to do any damage.

Thats the sniper rifle beam, it is stupid. The whole sniper rifle is stupid and anyone that uses it in its current for deserves to be shot.

the game "looks" like it might be fun...i had to change about 2 whole binds to make it like T1 playstyle wise for me. Crappy part is i get like 7-10 FPS ALONE on the ice map...with other players i'd probabaly drop to 3-6 FPS....

that blows....no way i'm upgrading my comp for a "web" game....

Your computer must be a piece of shit.

Adding more gravity would just necessitate turning the game back into a twitchy, jerky spasm-fest, since the jets would need a hell of a lot more thrust to compensate.

As it stands, proper use of the jet down key allows for unpredictable movement coming into a grab or in combat and gives you more options to adjust your path in midair, at the cost of energy. It adds somewhat of a learning curve to the movement and building up momentum, but god forbid you need to use something that wasn't in Tribes in order to hit maximum speed.

The down jet is fucking gay! 10 out of 10 homos love it.

Btw: I played with munge and some others last night but they all had trouble catching me. They were suprised when I said I didn't use the down thrust key. It's not needed. I can turn in midair fine without it. Funny how people that use the key couldn't catch me, and I'm a shitty player, but I can ski.

and FYI the game seems kinda like a twitchy, jerky spam fest now. :banging:

Who were the 'some others'? munge wasn't playing with anyone good last night from what I saw, and he usually isn't actually playing for real if he isn't in one of our PUs. Grats, you were beating up on useless noobs!

Who were the 'some others'? munge wasn't playing with anyone good last night from what I saw, and he usually isn't actually playing for real if he isn't in one of our PUs. Grats, you were beating up on useless noobs!

this post sums up why nobody seems listen to you, rampancy, or blitz

I don't know or care who else was there, I've played with him and some other skilled players several times, you would know who they are since there's so few. We had some pretty good games. And I think the game has potential, I'm not a hater, it needs tweaks and alot more to do.

sheex is right wth his comment ftw.

Legions isn't bad. It just isn't ready.

After they implement more weapons, deployables, better maps, armor types and improve things like depth perception and visual/audio effects the game will be very enjoyable.

I realize that is a lot to do, and therefore, I do not expect the game to be playable anytime soon. At the moment, it's an interesting start for a game with a lot of untapped potential. However, I don't know if GG will be able to pull it off. I hope so, though.

dudeofdeath: i am hardly the fastest and with the new build i can rabbit around the map maintaining between 150-160 the whole time now...i doubt without down jet you hit upwards of 140 at all. they might not have been able to kill you, but most servers blow and it takes a while with the low fps and lag.

edit: just to clarify something that should be obvious, its not like we haven't tried all of the same routes with and without down jet to test this stuff thoroughly...

Last edited:
The down jet is fucking gay! 10 out of 10 homos love it.

Btw: I played with munge and some others last night but they all had trouble catching me. They were suprised when I said I didn't use the down thrust key. It's not needed. I can turn in midair fine without it. Funny how people that use the key couldn't catch me, and I'm a shitty player, but I can ski.

and FYI the game seems kinda like a twitchy, jerky spam fest now. :banging:
In what situation were they having trouble catching you?

If you were going anywhere above 90 out the front of the tower, that's to be expected. That's a pretty significant head start, and downjetting won't make much of a difference there. If you were going in and out the sides, I'm thoroughly surprised, and want to play you immediately. You game?

he was rabbiting around and the server was probably laggy so he couldnt get chained down in three seconds. plus i dont think munge is particularly good at the game :p

Back