[Legions] What pissses me off the most

These threads always make me laugh

You three or four (rampancy, blitz, darklord, etc) just seem delusional to the outside observer, regardless of their stance on legions

i can start a game fine and run around in my own server. but when i try to join a game the join tab is blank and it says in a little red box up top that there was an error. any help?

i am going to fuck rampancy's mother in her dirty asshole

this is ridiculous...all i want to do is TRY the game

the jetting in this game makes ZERO sense, i'm getting pissed off and i've only been "skiing" around for like 5 minutes.

edit: i feel like clamsoda

the jetting in this game makes ZERO sense, i'm getting pissed off and i've only been "skiing" around for like 5 minutes.

edit: i feel like clamsoda

well, at first i was having jet issues too, but then i just treated the keybinds as Tribes and now i am skiing 100+ mph constantly. The trick is to not bind any of the jet options other then 'Activate jets' and 'Jump/jet up'. These are the two and only two you need to make the game actually fun. All others just get in the way.

Legions skiing:
1. Stand on the top of a hill
2. Press the move forward key (for fwd movement).
3. Press and hold the 'Activate Jets' key. If all you do is hold this key, you will never lose energy. You arent expending any energy, you are just making urself frictionless. This key must be held down at all times you are skiing/jetting/not walking
4. Now, simple tribes movement applies. When going downhill dont use your 'jump/jet up' key. When you are going uphill, do use your 'jump/jet up' key.

there, skiing just as easy as tribes 1, honestly. I have no clue why those other jump buttons are there, they dont make anything easier.

well, at first i was having jet issues too, but then i just treated the keybinds as Tribes and now i am skiing 100+ mph constantly. The trick is to not bind any of the jet options other then 'Activate jets' and 'Jump/jet up'. These are the two and only two you need to make the game actually fun. All others just get in the way.

Legions skiing:
1. Stand on the top of a hill
2. Press the move forward key (for fwd movement).
3. Press and hold the 'Activate Jets' key. If all you do is hold this key, you will never lose energy. You arent expending any energy, you are just making urself frictionless. This key must be held down at all times you are skiing/jetting/not walking
4. Now, simple tribes movement applies. When going downhill dont use your 'jump/jet up' key. When you are going uphill, do use your 'jump/jet up' key.

there, skiing just as easy as tribes 1, honestly. I have no clue why those other jump buttons are there, they dont make anything easier.
Jet down is actually pretty important. It can boost your speed by at least 10-20 meters per second on any route if you use it right.

I made shift activate jets/jet down, spacebar activate jets, and right mb activate jets/jet up. Short bursts of downjet anytime you're at a downward slope will accelerate you faster than the gravity ever will.

Last edited:
These threads always make me laugh

You three or four (rampancy, blitz, darklord, etc) just seem delusional to the outside observer, regardless of their stance on legions
Delusional?

No, delusional is all the sad fucks who think that one of the first two Tribes games replicated exactly but with better graphics would actually be a success.

Jet down key is uneeded. Just add more gravity/momentum and get rid off it.
Adding more gravity would just necessitate turning the game back into a twitchy, jerky spasm-fest, since the jets would need a hell of a lot more thrust to compensate.

As it stands, proper use of the jet down key allows for unpredictable movement coming into a grab or in combat and gives you more options to adjust your path in midair, at the cost of energy. It adds somewhat of a learning curve to the movement and building up momentum, but god forbid you need to use something that wasn't in Tribes in order to hit maximum speed.

b/c right now any reject can ski quickly. skiing is supposed to be a skill, not a button for every direction.

are you seriously bitching about the fact that the #1 hurdle preventing new players from getting into the tribes games has been removed?

do you LIKE playing with the same 8 people from TW over and over?

are you seriously bitching about the fact that the #1 hurdle preventing new players from getting into the tribes games has been removed?

do you LIKE playing with the same 8 people from TW over and over?
I'm pretty sure they just don't like the fact that they're on a much more even keel with non-Tribers than they were expecting to be. Apparently, being old-time Tribers means that they should be exempt from having to take time learning a new system in order to establish themselves as good players?

are you kidding? I've played for about 10 minutes and had a record of 10-3. I haven't played a tribes game in 2+ years, and even when I did, I was a mediocre player.

newbies are still newbies. just because skiing is easier doesn't mean they'll figure out WHY they should ski any time soon. half of them can't even figure out why they shouldn't be on the ground.

are you kidding? I've played for about 10 minutes and had a record of 10-3. I haven't played a tribes game in 2+ years, and even when I did, I was a mediocre player.

newbies are still newbies. just because skiing is easier doesn't mean they'll figure out WHY they should ski any time soon. half of them can't even figure out why they shouldn't be on the ground.
But they can move around at 70 m/s! It might not be fast enough to get anything done (if they even understand what they're supposed to do), but it's faster than they'd move in Tribes! It's preposterous!

People are stupid.

look, assuming legions is actually a beta, and they don't pull a T:V on us, I think it can turn out to be a fairly good game.

if they DO pull a T:V and change the things that don't actually matter, then we have a problem. (ONOES GRAPPLER AMMO LOL THATS TEH IMPORTANT PART OF TEH GAEM WE NEEDS TO FIX)

Back