Alec Baldwin just killed someone

Practical effects > CGI

The time when CGI shines is for things that make a practical effect prohibitive.

CGI is expensive. Having to pay an effects company to go over your film in post and add muzzle blasts to every scene in a Western full of gunfights would be prohibitively expensive compared to just using practical effects that have been in use for over a 100 years. And the CGI would still look less authentic than a firearm shooting a blank.

Last edited:
as long as you don't have some idiot actually pointing guns at people. They filmed 3 John Wicks and never killed anyone

Most movies are CGI these days. Having a gun with a muzzle flash is stupid when they can add it afterwards.

Prop guns are always better but are dangerous in the hands of idiots. Even with modern CGI it's hard to perfectly recreate a realistic muzzle blast. It's also hard for actors to fake flinching/recoiling from each shot while focusing on the rest of their performance (especially if they've never shot a real gun before which is most of Hollywood).

Even with prop guns firing "blanks" you're not supposed to fire it directly at the other person (the camera isn't your eyes, it doesn't see that you're purposefully slightly off aim).

:weird:
Plaese pay attention guys. Page 1.

If a gun is pointed in a safe direction, misfires are generally harmless.. plus, misfire my ass. Should have called it a near miss fire

Alec has built up enough social credits to kill an entire production crew without losing work in commiewood.

I'm guessing that the three of them were having a discussion about something with Baldwin fiddling with his gun when he pulls back the hammer, it slips and falls on the primer causing a negligent discharge. He didn't have to pull the trigger. Since this is an old western, the period firearms don't have safeties. The hammer is the safety. Thumbing the hammer like a toy gun can discharge the weapon. This can happen on modern revolvers.

He shot 2 people. Both the Cinematographer and the director. So, I'll guess that the 3 of them were in a huddle discussing a scene with Baldwin thumbing the hammer of his relic firearm like a toy gun when it goes off at point-blank range (no pun intended). The blast and wad strike the cinematographer in the stomach and then ricochets off and hits the director in the shoulder.

Great thread. Finally a fun and wholesome story TW can rally around.

Well, except for midge....

Somewhere, right now, in a sweaty little room - Hollywood Jew Lawyers are counting out big Shekels for this one...

But Alec, Alec. I really think you need to consider the Lesbian Cinematographers Educational Trust for the Advancement of Safe Filming Techniques. Really. It's a nice touch. It really says you care.

I think that, along with some sizable donations to the right places will put a lid on this. The public LOVES you Alec. They really do. They loved you on that Saturday Night Jive show. They will forgive you. You are coming back from this.

Now, the whole family may feel the pain. So, I think we should also do something with the Baldwin name. Not just you but all of the Baldwins. Maybe announce Baldwinville. Maybe we get ahold of that prop gun and put it on display with a sad story? People will pay for that. Let's get Hans Zimmer to make us some sad music to go along with it. Maybe we even get you to film the story? That's it. Let's get a documentary going. Maybe Spielberg is interested. Let me give Spiely a call...

Last edited:
Whats the likelihood anyone in his position would be charged with a crime here anyway?

The prop master maybe, but the actor? Nah.

UPDATE: Alec Baldwin issued a statement on Hutchins's death on social media Friday morning.

"There are no words to convey my shock and sadness regarding the tragic accident that took the life of Halyna Hutchins, a wife, mother and deeply admired colleague of ours," he tweeted. "I'm fully cooperating with the police investigation to address how this tragedy occurred and I am in touch with her husband, offering my support to him and his family. My heart is broken for her husband, their son, and all who knew and loved Halyna."

Mathew Hutchins -
"I don't think there are words to communicate the situation," he shared. "I am not going to be able to comment about the facts or the process of what we're going through right now, but I appreciate that everyone has been very sympathetic. I don't think there are words to communicate the situation."

Russian Friend
Close friend Katya Zharkova added, "Halina were incredible person from Soviet Union who had a dream become a cinematographer. This dream come true. She was an icon for many of us with dreams here in the USA…She was a light and still will be."

Last edited:
hOw DiD ThIz TraGeDy occuRz?!!?

Uh nigga you shot a bitch. I'm sure you can just tell them what happened.

Back