Can an American person please explain to me how Chicken and Waffles is a thing.

Fish and chips is one of my faves. Halibut or Haddock.
Here is the trick to Fish and Chips.
1) The fish has to be fresh. Caught that day if possible.
2) The oil needs to be clean and hot.
3) The spuds need to be good and cut into nice big uniform pieces.
--Maris Piper/King Edward/Desiree
4) The batter on the fish is important but not as critical as the fish, heat and cleanliness of the oil.

All of that and then you need to eat it with proper malt vinegar.
We have a few places out in the Portland area that do it right.

So fucking good when it's done right. Alaska and Canada have some great fish and chip shops too.

Last edited:
Ahhh you need a good chippy near to chase down the beer.
I mean, yobs will go for the battered bangers but a fresh piece of fish? So good.
Also, an extra hit of scraps on the chips are good after the pub.

Last edited:
No one should charge for scraps, either Ed. Scraps should be free the way God intended. Think of the children. I mean, never mind it's after the bell rings and they should be in their beds bless their cotton socks.

That clip reminds me of when I was a kid. One of my jobs was mowing the fucking lawn.
It was huge too. We had a hand mower but you could engage the wheels for some drive.

Anyway, a bunch of ground wasps made a nest in an old rabbit hole. I got near them and they chased me off. So, I went back and put the mower right over their hole and left it for about 10 minutes. The sound was glorious. Then, no more wasps. I needed to get that shit done so I could go hang out with Stacy and Gladys at the quarry.

gladys jfc u got any other 1920s broads 2 tell us about u fking dinosaur?

Joyce had the biggest rack. Sherry was a close second. Who else from that area? There was a Lisa, a Lynn, a Leslie and a Dana too. So many options.

I know what it looks like dopey, I just ordered it out of curiosity. Chicken was great. Waffles are great if you're under 9 years old. FFS America.

This one came with chunks of gin infused watermelon
So that helped.

It's black people food, ask the token black guy.

Not if you are north of the wall

chippy sauce, broon sauce mixed with vinegar

Hadrian's or Antonine's?

Little bastards water down the HP and slap it on the fish and chips.
I suppose I'll have to give it a go.
Strangely, sounds pretty damn good today

image.jpg

scratchins, batters, bits, scrumps, scrobblings, gribblings, fishbits, crimps, fishcrimps, crispy bits

Back