Godzilla! Huge Earthquake in Japan

poor wake is just a very small atoll too. with a runway on one leg of it and the rest of the base on the other. hopefully the people stationed there will be ok.

I was at work when it hit. Literally didn't feel a thing cause I just happened to be outdoors at the time. A few of my co-workers said they felt the room swaying and, not realising it was a quake, assumed they were about to pass out.
None of the trains were stopped on my way home and it looks like everything was business as usual. Except every channel on TV is covering the devestation further north and i've gotten about a million text messages from friends asking if I'm ok.

Pretty mild here, no damage. Gonna go shower and go out for a beer cause it's Friday night.

This has been a report from Nagoya.

GAUGE LOCATION LAT LON TIME AMPL PER
WAKE US 19.3N 166.6E 0928Z 0.39M / 1.3FT 14MIN
SAIPAN US 15.2N 145.7E 0916Z 0.65M / 2.1FT 30MIN

AlJazeera Engligh has a Jap PM saying they can't cool a nuclear reactor and do not have enough electricity to get water into it in order see an emergency shutdown through. They said there is no current danger of a leak but if they can't start up the pumping they could be in deep shit. They also declared a nuclear emergency in relation ot this reactor.

Scary shit.

[5:39 a.m. ET, 7:39 p.m. Tokyo] At least 32 people have been killed and numerous others injured, Japan's Kyodo news service reported.

heh, the news feeds are pretty nuts with the tsunami footage.

i was supposed to be in tokyo since yesterday through today, but my buddy and i ran out of money so we came back on wednesday.

not sure whether or not to count my blessings or feel kinda bummed for not having been there to experience it (since japan is pretty prepped for earthquakes)...

trying to get a hold of my japanese classmates via facebook (majority are from tokyo/around tokyo/sapporo)

MIDWAY 28.2N 177.4W 1028Z 1.56M / 5.1FT 80MIN

:(

edit:
1.5 meter above then 1 meter below

Last edited:
Back