Beta to be turned off soon

-A- ...Lost? said:
Personally, i would prefer a demo with only two maps. i dont want people to be able to play the demo and have this much fun without buying the game. 4 maps?? beta ok, but a multiplayer demo? it needs to be a teaser.

:signed:

Right on!!! WTF is up with people expecting anything without shelling out any money in the first place. They don't even need to put out a demo in the first place!!!

Can anyone tell I'm a little pissy over some of the comments in this thread??? :flame:

MP Demo should be a teas to make players want to purchase the game. In my opinion the MP Demo should have 1-2 maps tops.

Todesfall said:
actually at this current point in time i am not planning on buying due to gameplay and other issues in the current beta which removes many of the fun aspects for me. Many of these problems have been due to shazbotty maps imo.

so to test out the changes and to see whether gameplay will change accordingly to new maps or it might be same old crap that doesn't want me to buy the game.

so i can hope for at least one new map that is more represnted of what will be the game that had been moddified/created with more community imput.

If you played 4 maps from the beta and hated the game as much as you seem to, why would you really think 1 more "different" map would make a difference?

I'll let you in on a secret...

IT WON'T

Cheap bastard

Mindflayr said:
All they would have to do is include them genius.

Why would they? Why should they?

They have already given 4 out for free, why give more away for free?

When I go to work, I like to get payed for my services, I guess you don't "genius". ;)

Unreal 2k4 was good in demo, full version had tons of issues ... Maybe when this demo comes out and it plays as good as the beta did or better, then nothing will matter ? ... Or maybe it will have worst issues than now, as in, alot of ini edits, hope these ini edits still help like before, ty's ....

imperial said:
Unreal 2k4 was good in demo, full version had tons of issues ... Maybe when this demo comes out and it plays as good as the beta did or better, then nothing will matter ? ... Or maybe it will have worst issues than now, as in, alot of ini edits, hope these ini edits still help like before, ty's ....

ut2k4 did not have tons of issues when it came out. The demo was very representative of the full game.

I say the sooner the demo is released the better. The game is in stores on Oct 5 right? So I think the more time with the deme people get the better it is for the sales of the game.

Yurp... I'm waiting for the demo to come out so I can use it to show some buddies that some of their reservations on the game were unfounded...

Just hoping like hell there are some larger maps in there!!

I'm just coming back to this thread to let 2 things be known:

Zio sucks cock.

and

What do you get "paid" to do kid?

and

Stop being a bitch

That was three things... I lied.

New maps have an impact on comp play. You agree to this.

People want new maps. Guess what! getting back the people you lost and stopping losing more is the same construct. But I guess you have never had to deal with enduser impressions of a system before. New Features gain 2 fold, people return that would not have, and people stay that would not have = Larger playerbase = better gameplay.

I don't know who the eff you are or think you are... but your logic is totally warped.

Do you honestly think that getting new maps is a HORRIBLE thing? That it somehow takes money out of VUG's pocket?

Did I mention stop being a bitch?

Zio said:
:signed: MP Demo should be a teas to make players want to purchase the game. In my opinion the MP Demo should have 1-2 maps tops.

We have already played 4 maps, and most of the people who wanted T:V already have the beta. Taking away maps will only frustrate community, which will make some not buy the game.

Zio does have a point though. Isn't there only like 15 mp maps? We've already seen 4 of them add 3 new ones to the mix and we have almost half the game already. Its not like theres new weapons and stuff. Would it be nice? Yes. But all it does is lower the value of the product.

If I was IG i'd lower number of demo maps to 2 with Emerald and add a new large map with more complex base/gen setup to show map variety.

Origim said:
We have already played 4 maps, and most of the people who wanted T:V already have the beta. Taking away maps will only frustrate community, which will make some not buy the game.

And also adding 12 new maps to demo will make the community happy and want to buy T:V for the remaining 3 maps.

mc-fine said:
If I was IG i'd lower number of demo maps to 2 with Emerald and add a new large map with more complex base/gen setup to show map variety.

id agree... except for the fact that cavern HAS to be in... to show off the grappler (unless there is another map as effective at showing that aspect).

i vote for emerald, arid and cavern :)

oh wait...

my vote doesnt count. it's already done :(

Killjoy- said:
I'm just coming back to this thread to let 2 things be known:

Zio sucks cock.

and

What do you get "paid" to do kid?

and

Stop being a bitch

That was three things... I lied.

New maps have an impact on comp play. You agree to this.

People want new maps. Guess what! getting back the people you lost and stopping losing more is the same construct. But I guess you have never had to deal with enduser impressions of a system before. New Features gain 2 fold, people return that would not have, and people stay that would not have = Larger playerbase = better gameplay.

I don't know who the eff you are or think you are... but your logic is totally warped.

Do you honestly think that getting new maps is a HORRIBLE thing? That it somehow takes money out of VUG's pocket?

Did I mention stop being a bitch?

I use to work for Sierra Games as a 3D artist/multimedia interface designer, and the studio I was with was shut down primarily because of piracy.

Now you can go to hell and die.

People WILL get their NEW maps after they purchase the game. As they should.

Last edited:
This release will be having more going for it that just maps... Single player, access to mods AND player made maps will drive folks to purchase.

A good demo will do wonders for peaking interest. Remember, in the past the fans haven't had a strong enough showing to turn Tribes into a successful franchise in terms of sales. Getting new blood in is the only thing that can lift it up to the respected level it deserves.

Killjoy- said:
Uhh because it would be smart Marketting decision to show different maps then the beta, it would pull people in that may have not liked the beta maps etc.

LOL everyone knows how smart their marketing team is...just look at the box art...

Zio said:
:signed:

Right on!!! WTF is up with people expecting anything without shelling out any money in the first place. They don't even need to put out a demo in the first place!!!

Can anyone tell I'm a little pissy over some of the comments in this thread??? :flame:

MP Demo should be a teas to make players want to purchase the game. In my opinion the MP Demo should have 1-2 maps tops.
T1 raindance 24-7 anyone ?

Back