[Heavy metal] This old snow plow [pics]

Ordered the cross member that supports the front of the tank. The ratchet strap is doing fine, but I'll do it right as long as the tank is out...

JbeWJOZ.jpg

EoVOHAV.jpg

gEBNGbw.jpg

The last he said they all have COVID, he's bonking the slave on the side while the wife is lusting after cowboys in Montana.

Thanks for your concern fellas. All good here. We're out of isolation on Saturday, son feels fine and hasn't passed it on to anyone else. Daughter had her 18th birthday in isolation which was pretty shitty for her but a new car eased the pain.

Also, Brasstax just said "bonking". :rofl:

Also also, how did we get to 8 pages of rusty old shit? Are people really that bored now that Trump is yesterday's news?

I know there is one model of Volvo hatch/suv that has never had a fatality, maybe that is just in Aus or maybe it is b/c no one has ever bought one.

either way GG

yo plas

how can a professional rust wrassler be so bad at welding

asking for everyone

seems like u could get a lot more done if you didn't always have to stop and fix shit

The welds were fine, they pulled part of the frame off.

Yep, pushing snow wrecks shit fast, and I can't seem to justify new equipment.

Tank came out easily enough, the cross member nearly fell out. Not much left.
TMxn2p7.jpg

Some frame rot here.
A72y0hA.jpg

Bent the old tank straps, bent them in half and drilled a few holes.
R55EPR3.jpg

Used them to reinforce the cross member mounting.
knf08Hn.jpg

The fuel line situation is less than ideal. 1/4 inch vent line, 5/16 return line, 3/8 pressure line. Replace almost all that garbage all the way to the engine. Kept the fancy bent pieces near the throttle body.
Ma1b9VI.jpg

Then I pulled the tank out of the box, and found this in it..
QweTDlz.jpg

Damn thing was in a re taped box with plastic and duct tape over the pump bung. Somehow had a few inches of water in it that rusted it from the inside. Thse are chunks of rust.
URffWwQ.jpg

Called around and found one at a local O'Reillys. It was also in a re taped box, and the wrong tank. Pump opening too big, and an extra vent nexk next to the filler neck. The right pump retaining ring is on top near the C clip that came with it
eXDdvx4.jpg

The old tank almost went back in to get me through the weekend...
fOWMgr2.jpg

New tank on the way, but the truck is still on the hoist until Monday. I chipped the big ice boulders out of the driveways so we could at least drive around the buildings and into drives without losing a muffler or bumper.
dKdxRfb.jpg

LmscANd.jpg

Shovel for scale, some of this shit is knee high and hard as a rock.
fypGyNN.jpg

chCtVv1.jpg

More snow on the way today :stab:

Back