[MEGATHREAD]Battlefield Bad Company 2 [Not a Forum!]

Ok I adjusted my mouse a bit and what a difference, used up all my ammo on the sniper rifle recording 16 head shots on 16 shots...i was feeling good and i cant wait to get the 50cal to see how that rips shit up. With all the graphics cranked i do not like the snow drifts making it even hard to see through the scope but that can be turned off.

tankjo.jpg

Ok I adjusted my mouse a bit and what a difference, used up all my ammo on the sniper rifle recording 16 head shots on 16 shots...i was feeling good and i cant wait to get the 50cal to see how that rips shit up. With all the graphics cranked i do not like the snow drifts making it even hard to see through the scope but that can be turned off.

tankjo.jpg

what setting turns that off? It's fucking annoying.

I'm surprised people are having so much trouble with aim/damage...2-3 headshots kills, depending on weapon, and the aim down the sights is really very reliable. Chest shots require a bit much, usually like 8-10 bullets iirc.

TheGhost, what do you know about the teams gearing up to compete for this? I haven't been in the loop for this genre since ETQW died a bit after release, when I looked around HOT's website wasn't even up anymore and none of the other bigger names mentioned the game. You weren't on 20id's etqw roster though, correct? The only 50cal guy I know is playing atm is substance...

Hypno you still leading on the headshots? Curious as well to see what mouse changes you're referring to (I havent played since the patch).

I'm surprised people are having so much trouble with aim/damage...2-3 headshots kills, depending on weapon, and the aim down the sights is really very reliable. Chest shots require a bit much, usually like 8-10 bullets iirc.

TheGhost, what do you know about the teams gearing up to compete for this? I haven't been in the loop for this genre since ETQW died a bit after release, when I looked around HOT's website wasn't even up anymore and none of the other bigger names mentioned the game. You weren't on 20id's etqw roster though, correct? The only 50cal guy I know is playing atm is substance...

I've seen one HOT tag ingame so far. No Cru, 20id, warchild or any other teams we played against though in BF2. It seems so far to be a better BF2 and over all its nice.

My 2.4ghz duo core 9800gtx+ is getting 12-24 FPS though at med-high settings. So time to build a new box :|

game feels fun, but compared to the polish of MW2 i'm having a hard time playing.

the controls and feel of the weapons are all wrong. its too loose. and putting 50 bullets into somebody and them not dying is pretty lame

game feels fun, but compared to the polish of MW2 i'm having a hard time playing.

the controls and feel of the weapons are all wrong. its too loose. and putting 50 bullets into somebody and them not dying is pretty lame

Well you can put .50 into ppl in MW2 and they dont die there either

I've seen one HOT tag ingame so far. No Cru, 20id, warchild or any other teams we played against though in BF2. It seems so far to be a better BF2 and over all its nice.

My 2.4ghz duo core 9800gtx+ is getting 12-24 FPS though at med-high settings. So time to build a new box :|
So does a quadcore actually help a lot with this game or something? I'm getting 60+ FPS pretty consistently with a 9800gtx and a 6600 Quad on medium settings. I'll chug a bit in smoke, or if a helicopter laden with C4 smashes into two tanks and they all blow up in the middle of a forest or something, but other than that it's perfectly smooth.

So does a quadcore actually help a lot with this game or something? I'm getting 60+ FPS pretty consistently with a 9800gtx and a 6600 Quad on medium settings. I'll chug a bit in smoke, or if a helicopter laden with C4 smashes into two tanks and they all blow up in the middle of a forest or something, but other than that it's perfectly smooth.

Yea the game supports quad core processors.

my e8400 @ 3.8ghz with an overclocked 5870, overclocked ram etc gets about 35-50 on med settings.

this is in dx11 though

Last edited:
I've read posts that say add +fullproc to the end of the Target: line in your shortcut improves performance for quad processors, can't say I've noticed much but give it a try.

Back