Official Diablo 3 Release Date: May 15th!!

I think I might take that Tuesday off.

I'm off on Wed/Thurs, so it kind of works out. 3 day weekend + D3 sounds fun :)

So, with the battle.net balance, how much of a cut does Blizzard get if you decide to cash out? This has to be more lucritive for them than it is for the players.

Anyone know?

I imagine they'll take a cut on every transaction.

I'd also assume that the bnet 'wallet' is a one-way deposit. Funds added must be spent on D3 AH or any other product on the blizzard store. Pretty much how Steam did it for TF2.

D3 Auction FAQ

How will the currency-based auction house work?

Players will be able to make purchases in the currency-based auction house using a registered form of payment attached to their Battle.net account. As with other popular online-purchase services, players will also have the option to charge up their Battle.net account with a balance of funds that can be drawn from for purchases of any digital product available through Battle.net -- this includes not only auction house items but also things like World of Warcraft subscription time and paid services, to name a few examples. On the flipside, when players sell an item in the currency-based auction house, the proceeds of the sale are deposited into their Battle.net account and can then be used as described above. Note that this process might be different for certain regions; we’ll provide further region-specific details as we get closer to launch.

Can players choose to get cash from currency-based auction house sales, instead of having the proceeds deposited into their Battle.net account?

Yes, as an advanced feature, players will have the option of attaching an account with an approved third-party payment service to their Battle.net account. Once this has been completed, proceeds from the sale of items in the currency-based auction house can be deposited into their third-party payment service account. “Cashing out” would then be handled through the third-party payment service. Note that this process will be subject to applicable fees charged by Blizzard and the third-party payment service. Also, any proceeds from the sale of items in the currency-based auction house that have been deposited into the Battle.net account will not be transferrable to the third-party payment service account. Not all regions will support this advanced feature at launch. Region-specific details, as well as details regarding which third-party payment services will be supported and the fee that Blizzard will charge for the cash-out process, will all be provided at a later date.

So basically, there will be a fee to sell it(non refundable), a Blizzard fee, and most likely a third party fee to cash out. :hrm:

i'll be playing HC only so I don't give 2 fucks about the AH.

Asides from ass whoopin mass amounts of monsters and such....finding items in diablo games is part of the fun. Hit the loot pinata and see what drops.

Is validuz ever not mad? Seriously, i've never seen him on here where he wasn't picking a fight with someone else.

Life must be pretty shitty if you always take it out on strangers from the internet.
Uh, I wasn't arguing with him, not that'd make me angry anyway.

You're probably autistic if you think I was. :shrug:

Ok we get it, you've been in this thread with about 10 posts now regarding how much you hate click to move and so you won't play this game. There's no need to vehemently defend yourself against every post. It's not a big deal.

Ok we get it, you've been in this thread with about 10 posts now regarding how much you hate click to move and so you won't play this game. There's no need to vehemently defend yourself against every post. It's not a big deal.
I don't think you do honestly, especially from your retarded post earlier about "Who cares what kind of system it uses?"

Gee, derr, I don't know, maybe the people wanting to play it?

That retarded logic reminds me of the Blizz fanboys decrying adding in an OPTION for direct movement controls because "D2 dint have it, dun fix wat iznt broken!!11"

An option, as in something you don't have to use.

Stop e-knighting.

I imagine the AH for HC would wrangle in more cash. Are they not implementing an auction house for hardcore?

they havent said yes or no yet for sure

think of this scenario....some dude just buys a $100 item from the HC AH. He equips his badass item that he just bought, heads into hell to kick some ass and then bnet lags, or his isp cuts out, killing him and then the weapon is gone.

It would be a customer service nightmare. Even if the person was informed of the risks over and over, they would still be harassing blizzard customer service to get their money back

I don't think you do honestly, especially from your retarded post earlier about "Who cares what kind of system it uses?"

Gee, derr, I don't know, maybe the people wanting to play it?

That retarded logic reminds me of the Blizz fanboys decrying adding in an OPTION for direct movement controls because "D2 dint have it, dun fix wat iznt broken!!11"

An option, as in something you don't have to use.

Stop e-knighting.

if he is e-knighting then you are rev_nighting....aka, bitching about everything

You are an idiot. Different games use different systems. The fact that you don't like it doesn't change the fact that it uses that system. If you don't prefer it, don't play it. If you don't care about it, and want to play Diablo 3, then play it. Your arguing on the internet of which system is better, which should or shouldn't be used doesn't change the fact that that system is the system Blizzard has decided would be in Diablo 3. Your incessant whining and arguments for the sake of arguments make you the only retarded person on the internet, and it really just makes us a little stupid for trying to figure out what the retard is arguing about.

Just stfu already. You are annoying like tehvul in these types of threads. The only one e-knighting here is you for your stupid principles regarding click to move. There's already a video out there of you crying like a little baby about this system, are you still jaded?

they havent said yes or no yet for sure

think of this scenario....some dude just buys a $100 item from the HC AH. He equips his badass item that he just bought, heads into hell to kick some ass and then bnet lags, or his isp cuts out, killing him and then the weapon is gone.

It would be a customer service nightmare. Even if the person was informed of the risks over and over, they would still be harassing blizzard customer service to get their money back

That's what I think. But I mean, everyone who plays HC knows the risks involved, and it's really a gamble. That's sort of the thrill of it heh.

jay wilson (one of the main blizz dudes) said that if there is demand for it then they will think about it....but most HCers dont want it, as far as i can tell.

You are an idiot. Different games use different systems. The fact that you don't like it doesn't change the fact that it uses that system. If you don't prefer it, don't play it. If you don't care about it, and want to play Diablo 3, then play it. Your arguing on the internet of which system is better, which should or shouldn't be used doesn't change the fact that that system is the system Blizzard has decided would be in Diablo 3. Your incessant whining and arguments for the sake of arguments make you the only retarded person on the internet, and it really just makes us a little stupid for trying to figure out what the retard is arguing about.
You're a fucking retard. I made like one post about it. You blizzard fanboys are the ones freaking out with your idiotic responses and crying as if it'll change your precious Mouse1 button masher.

Jesus christ.

p.s. And fuck no, I'm obviously not going to buy it. I don't buy intentionally low skill-cap games designed for fanboys.

Last edited:
Back