Arcane: League of Legends (Netflix Series)

Rustie

Veteran XV
The story begins with the main characters as children and doesn’t skip a detail, so it is not necessary to play League of Legends or to know League of Legends lore in order to follow the story. It is a young adults cartoon with LIGHT Adult content: Sex, Nudity, violence, gore, profanity, alcohol, drugs, and smoking.

Two sisters. Two cities. One discovery that will change the world forever. In the cities of Piltover and Zaun, unrest stirs as inventors and thieves, politicians and crime lords chafe against the constraints of a society torn asunder. As dissent reaches a fever pitch, two sisters steal an artifact of untold power. Discovery and danger intertwine as heroes are born and bonds are broken. Will this power change the world, or lead it to ruin? This is the world of Arcane.

Piltover: THE CITY OF PROGRESS
i1578763416704183.jpeg

Nestled at the heart of the continent, Piltover stands on the precipice of progress. The invention of hextech shines with subtle promise of a glorious future, and two brilliant scientists lead the charge. Such potential is not without cost, and failure could prove devastating as politicians vie for a power they barely understand. As unrest stirs in the Undercity and upheaval looms, the people of Piltover must protect their future… no matter the cost.

Zaun: THE UNDERCITY

In the shadows of progress, far below the ivory towers of Piltover, the Undercity waits. The air there is thick with shouts and smoke, and each alleyway promises danger, desire...or both. But at its heart, this sister city thrums with hope, ingenuity, and an unbreakable spirit that neither greedy chembarons nor aggressive enforcers could ever take away. As the age of hextech looms, her citizens no longer see themselves as Topsiders. Instead, they look up with desperate determination and dream of something more.

Ekko VS Jinx

Ekko and Jinx grew up together in Zaun, Ekko was the runt of the pack and always took the loss in competition. Until he created the Z-Drive which allows him to rewind time.

Fantastic animation, great soundtrack, and “woke” free! Arcane focuses solely on telling the story of two cities in conflict with no hidden agendas to offend you politically obsessed, insecure, confrontational BITCHES:wave:

Riot has some of the best story and cinematics of any game I’ve ever played. You are correct, in that lore is 100% optional. You don’t need to know shit about a story to push a lane and take a nexus. Some people enjoy it tho :shrug:

I think it is a really good show, very artistic and interesting.

Ya it’s really weird to introduce a video game influenced television show in a video game forum. It’s quite obvious that my rigorous logic has diffused all of your attempts at confrontation considering you have not made one single intelligible retort. You can keep following me around and making yourself look stupid, but I have no interest in responding until you hone your debate skills.

:spock: Live long and prosper

Riot's lore and videos are better than the game. Jinx was only created for cosplay. Vi was the best character until she fell into the lost agency trope.

We didn't need backstory in Tribes.
We just killed shit.
Over and over and over again.
And we were happy with it.

Sure, but if a Tribes flick was released during Tribes prime would you have avoided it? Riot lore and cinematics are easily better than the game, which probably wouldn’t be the case with Tribes. Tribes had fun factor, League of Legends uses addiction development to keep people playing: win of the day, blue essence, orange essence, hexteck chest, missions, etc. Which means unlike tribes just killling people in league of legends isn’t enough because it lacks fun factor. I still play but most of the time it is simply out of addiction, I end up angry having no fun trying to unlock a fucking chest for a freebee.

The only thing Riot does well is story and CGI!

Sure, but if a Tribes flick was released during Tribes prime would you have avoided it? Riot lore and cinematics are easily better than the game, which probably wouldn’t be the case with Tribes. Tribes had fun factor, League of Legends uses addiction development to keep people playing: win of the day, blue essence, orange essence, hexteck chest, missions, etc. Which means unlike tribes just killling people in league of legends isn’t enough because it lacks fun factor. I still play but most of the time it is simply out of addiction, I end up angry having no fun trying to unlock a fucking chest for a freebee.

The only thing Riot does well is story and CGI!
when was the last time you touched a blade of grass?

I could reply to your short quips but I think I will stay on topic.

A good thread introduces content in a thorough way and allows the reader to make their own decision regardless of subject matter. I took a show that I love and I gave you all the key points, soundtrack samples, and samples of the varies animation styles used for you to make an educated choice.

It doesn’t bother me that most of you won’t watch it, I created the thread so that you could make that decision educatedly.

I dabble in Computer-generated imagery so I enjoy seeing what professionals are able to create.

They should just get 1 single artist everyone knows and loves to have control over how everything looks. Like how The Maxx was.

Things like this and Overwatch have really watered down, created by a team feel. The tech they use is nice, but the design is boring. Everything is too clean, cartoony, wild colors, tiktoker hair everywhere.

Back