IAN

Brasstax

Contributor
Veteran XX
Never fear Floridians.
I made a flight from Naples to Havana this evening straight through the eye of the hurricane. It was not that bad. Made a quick flyby at Fort Jefferson.

aMadheG.jpg

CGoSgnD.jpg

Bonus Fiona image
EKEWHcT.jpg

There was a lot of lightning and wind. Flying through the eye was pretty bumpy but coming out the other side was nice.

Just watching out for you guys.

Last edited:
I was going to post pics of a gas line at Costco that went down the street, and a line for Samsclub that went around the store. This was on Saturday morning. Samsclub was fine because I'm a plus member and was there at 8am. But it was incredible to see the line go past the tire center at 8am and these were all plus members. I grabbed a case of Gatorade instead of water and got other items I wanted. I'm in Broward and we're getting heavy rain bands. Schools are closed, I'm working from home, and think most stores will be open.

Last edited:
Flying through the eye was pretty bumpy but coming out the other side was nice

Wat.

The eye is calm. What surrounds the eye, most definitely isn't. I went through the eye of hurricane opal back in the 90s. Still the more surreal experience of my life.

I had to go into work this morning at 4am for a plant shut down.

They made me go in and unplug the hardware....from the $7,000/ea. surge protectors...to protect them from possible surges after the power comes back on.

I stopped into a 7/11, the only store that was open to grab my kid a little breakfast sandwich and something to drink. The cashiers were talking about the storm and going home, and one said she lived in a trailer. I said well the county has a mandatory evac....she didn't bat an eye and said 'they can't make me leave'.

Yes Daisy Mae, they can't make you leave your house on wheels in the path of at least a cat 1 hurricane...but should they really need to make you?

Did you get vaccinated for the hurricane? I had no idea big-pharma had a vaccine to protect you from hurricanes but Biden said you should get one.

Back