Xmas Gifts

Flash

Veteran XX
Need to get started early with the supply chain issues. What are you big items this year?

I got it done early. Most of the "big items" are unavailable.
I mean, I managed to get dibs on a steamdeck for my 20 year old but that was months ago and it won't ship until Feb 2022.

My suggestion is to look a little deeper for items that are meaningful but easy and not "sought after".
Have some coffee lovers out there? Find decent roasters and order some bags of java from them.

Also - consider handwriting your cards/notes and wrapping your gifts this year. It is so much more meaningful to the recipients.

I bought a couple Fire HD 10 tablets and found out they are just a fucking kiosk for All Things Amazon. If Amazon is the center of your universe, get one of these. They're on sale

The Christmas package for my son and his family is done and ready for shipment so the kids and my DIL get their Christmas calendars in time.

piotrr got a new gaming laptop for our anniversary and I have no idea what to get him for Christmas. I might clear out his Steam wishlist though.

Me? I don't need anything.

I bought a couple Fire HD 10 tablets and found out they are just a fucking kiosk for All Things Amazon. If Amazon is the center of your universe, get one of these. They're on sale

Last edited:
My suggestion is to look a little deeper for items that are meaningful but easy and not "sought after".
Have some coffee lovers out there? Find decent roasters and order some bags of java from them.

Also - consider handwriting your cards/notes and wrapping your gifts this year. It is so much more meaningful to the recipients.

This

nothing worse than a $50 voucher for the hardware store

I'm not 16, or a bartender, I don't really need $50 u know.

But a nice aged wheel of cheese or something, well now there is a gift that shows you care :sunny:

Actually thinking of getting the Switch for the kid's present this year.

As much as I hate portable gaming, it is pretty much the best kid friendly console out there. I can just superglue it to the TV cabinet

This year, my Christmas cards look almost like this:

papergc,500x,w,f8f8f8-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u3.jpg

On the inside they say "It's not Christmas until Hans Gruber drops from the top of Nakatomi."

Check out these sites for some cool cards, art, shirts etc:
Fine Art America | Buy Art Online | Affordable Wall Art from Independent Artists and Iconic Brands
Redbubble

Thanx I hope that works

I am halfway decided to get Scottish Lordships for some friends. For under $50 you can buy a square foot of soil in Scotland and you automatically become a Lord. So you can use Lord as a title. It's a joke but w/e. Midas well get one for meself

[Edit] also, the sellers of these are mostly charitable organizations, so it's tax deductible! WIN

Last edited:
i picked up an LG 65" OLED recently

not really shopping for material items this year, probably have a nice vacation, do a themepark etc

LG OLED is amazing. No regrets buying mine. The apps do crash a fair bit but I've never found a TV that doesn't have this problem.

i am giving ppl the gift of my wisdom this year

protip: when crop dusting, time ur release early so the gas has time to get thru ur pants by the time u encounter ur target

LG OLED is amazing. No regrets buying mine. The apps do crash a fair bit but I've never found a TV that doesn't have this problem.

havent had any problems with mine so far

it checks for updates when i turn it on

but yeah like mine as well

Only TV's I use the built in OS are my cheapie Fire TV's. One in kitchen and one under gazebo by the pool. Never had an app crash on those. Use PS4 for home theater setup.

I'm going to get Dad a flannel shirt and a Leatherman (even though he won't be able to use it). Scrappy's last meal will be a cheeseburger from Wendy's.

Back