Alec Baldwin just killed someone

In val's world, only one person can be wrong at a time. Things only go wrong because of single persons actions, never a combination of fuck ups by multiple people.
That's right, retard.

If two people rob a house, and one murders the occupant, the charges between the two robbers will be different in almost all situations, sometimes the second robber won't even get charged with being an accomplice if he/she didn't know that there was a weapon or it was being used.

It's weird. It's almost as if the law doesn't just blast a shotgun of murder charges to everyone in the vicinity and hope that it sticks on at least one...

Even after a friend clears a weapon and hands it to me, I automatically clear it again for my own peace of mind.

Kind of a no brainer really. Just like I have never shot anyone because I have never pointed my weapon at anyone, or anywhere near someone. But I guess some are smart and actors have no brains and must be handled like a 2 year old

Last edited:
If you went to a gun show and someone handed you a gun for you to look at, and as you're grabbing it, it went off and shot someone, are we seriously arguing it would be the person grabbing the gun? What retard world are we living in here?
mid handoff is a pretty unique situation but why was this pointed at someone to be shot? basic safety principles are being missed resulting in this accident example.

why didnt they check if clear? why didn't they show the person being handed the weapon it was clear? in this case wouldn't they have chamber flags?

it's always a confluence of errors, including the error of the person negligently discharging it.

val has clearly researched new mexico law and is confident of the hill he's staked a claim to

Even after a friend clears a weapon and hands it to me, I automatically clear it again for my own peace of mind.

Kind of a no brainer really. Just like I have never shot anyone because I have never pointed my weapon at anyone, or anywhere near someone. But I guess some are smart and actors have no brains and must be handled like a 2 year old
Ding, ding, ding!

That's right. They're morons and/or ignorant.

When I was a kid, I was handed various guns. Of course, my dad and others would ultra triple check everything and repeatedly explain the importance, but they sure as fuck weren't going to just hand me a gun and assume I knew how to chamber check it. They were "experts" and I was not.

I will be interested to see how OSHA handles this. A business would get slammed for a workplace accident with this degree of negligence.

mid handoff is a pretty unique situation but why was this pointed at someone to be shot? basic safety principles are being missed resulting in this accident example.

why didnt they check if clear? why didn't they show the person being handed the weapon it was clear? in this case wouldn't they have chamber flags?

it's always a confluence of errors, including the error of the person negligently discharging it.
The gun was taken off of the "safe table" that the armorer set up by, then the Assistant Director grabbed one off of that same table, handed to Alec while proclaiming "it's COLD," so he could practice the scene where he shoots the viewer (camera). He apparently was asking whether he should side or cross draw and which would be better. He then took practice draws/shots at the camera. The rest is obvious. The crew was someone around the camera, possibly/probably not DIRECTLY behind it as they're reviewing footage or something, not just looking through the lens. I doubt Alec lined up his sites perfectly, shot a bullet straight through the camera lens and it traveled all the way through to hit the people. It was probably badly aimed (of course), but unfortunately they were in the line of fire.

Regardless, experienced gun people who always check, including the AD. But these are not experienced gun people. They're Hollywood liberals. The gun expert shouldn't have real guns and live ammunition loaded into her guns she's responsible for.

Last edited:
let's say alec baldwin is guilty of something, let's say he isn't

nothing is going to happen because he's a rich piece of shit with a lot of rich friends

MV5BMTYyNjI1Njc5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTcxODI1NA@@._V1_.jpg

87273836.jpg

I see no valid excuses, I see failure all along the chain but root cause is still Alec pointing a weapon at someone without verifying for himself if it was loaded or not.

I guess we will just disagree.

I see no valid excuses, I see failure all along the chain but root cause is still Alec pointing a weapon at someone without verifying for himself if it was loaded or not.

i agree here.

baldwin's ignorance is not an acceptable excuse for me. his employer (lol he's a producer too) owes him the proper training to learn safety procedures and to show him how to clear a weapon he's using at work. he should have checked it himself and not pointed it at anyone. these are fundamental safety procedures.

im quite sad. i realize I feel less emotion about the accidental killing than I do about learning there is another batman reboot coming... pathetic

FYI. From wiki: "The standard common law test of criminal liability is expressed in the Latin phrase actus reus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea, i.e. "the act is not culpable unless the mind is guilty".[1] As a general rule, someone who acted without mental fault is not liable in criminal law. Exceptions are known as strict liability crimes. Moreover, when a person intends a harm, but because of bad aim or other cause, the intent is transferred from an intended victim to an unintended victim, the case is considered to be a matter of transferred intent.[2]

Baldwin being charged with anything is unlikely. These were supposed to be props (whether an actual gun or not), in the care and handling of what was supposed to be an expert, and was declared as "cold" by the AD when handed to him. Standards were that two others were responsible for confirming the "prop" was "cold" (here, the armorer and the AD). Baldwin lacks any "mens rea" for a criminal charge under these facts.

Now, civil liability is quite different such as Baldwin (apparently a producer on the film), knowingly hiring incompetent staff, etc. may lead to civil liability ($$$), but insurance may cover that...

If someone who has been around guns his entire life, had extensive training and is a self proclaimed expert can accidentally kill someone with a gun, it's time to ban guns.

If someone who has been around guns his entire life, had extensive training and is a self proclaimed expert can accidentally kill someone with a gun, it's time to ban guns.

exactly

the State can protect your family better than you can regardless of your training

violence will be ended and all of us will live happily ever after

Back