Vanster vs TW

I ran a 51.5 second 400M.
Not bad for a farm kid in a small town.

I remember moving to the small country town. I walked down to the track practice. Introduced myself to the coach. I said, "Hey, what do I need to do to get on the track team?". He laughed and said "What do you do?"

I told him I was fast but liked to run distance as well.

He said "Do you think you can run around this track in 60 seconds or less?" (it was dirt lol)
I said "Sure".

He looked at me and said "Ok - let's see it"

I was in street clothes. No warm ups. He got out his stop watch and a whistle. He said "ready?"

I said "Yep!"

He said "Go".

58 seconds later I finished to a bunch of "Holy shit! He did its!"

I won conference and district races. Even got to go to states. But, I met the kids who can run the fucking thing in 57 seconds.

Now, how a person deals with that is a personal thing. For me, I used to count 4 seconds in my head. That was the difference between me and the fastest kids in the entire state. I was satisfied because I didn't leave anything on the table. Maybe I could have shaved off a tiny bit more time. But, I was never going to be the fastest. Good enough.

One more quick story about performance and striving for being "the best".

Switch gears to mountain climbing. I have climbed in some tough places in the alps. I have climbed with climbers who are recognized as being great. Am I great?

I can tell you what I was great at. Seconding.
I could get up a pitch and clean shit up faster than most people.
I was also fearless. Fun to be around. Mountain smart. Good mechanically. Knew my knots. Tireless.

Did I get picked because I was a "great climber"? Nope. But as a support guy, I was tough to beat. I did not care about trying to climb the route without "cheating". I was not that vain. It's tough. Fuck it. I am not going to waste 1/2 hour falling and retrying a move just because I don't want to touch protection. Fuck that. That's for the lead climber. Me? I am grabbing that piece "cheating" and getting past the thing that is beyond my ability.

The payoff? I got to climb some amazing routes and spend time in some awesome places that few people get to experience. Good enough for me.

Everyone should know their limits and accept them. The experiences and effort are far more valuable than the recognition of #1.
I too ran a 51 400

I just always see people ganging up on good ol' Van.

Actually, there IS a good reason for that. Vanster frequently goes on drunken rages on tw where he lashes out at members. He complains of "being nexted" after his own nexting crippled and ultimately ended Boofoo's life. While I resist the temptation to jump on the anti van wagon, I do understand the anti van sentiment.

I'm against banning the injun. For all of his anti tw posturing and suicide threats, he has been a polarizing force that has galvanized this forum.

Or as kotz once implied, he is a low effort troll with big time response.

I think Vanster's going through some shit and with people constantly ganging up on him that might lead up to certain behavior.

Tell me more about the Boofoo saga I missed out on that.

I think Vanster's going through some shit and with people constantly ganging up on him that might lead up to certain behavior.

I'll defer to others who are more informed to relate that particular story. I actually know very little about it. Just the punchline.

His wife filed for divorce, his mom died, and he started drinking. He stopped smoking, lost a lot of weight and was a regular poster in the fitness forum until drinking became more important than working out.

As far as me getting him fired, my question is what would that even look like?
"Hello, I'm from the internet, and your employee and I argue online. Go ahead and fire him, okay?" Employer : "Okay."

Nothing like that ever happened.

I just now saw that the Keukenhof remained closed this year. :(. When I was racing for Team Batavus we did one of our team photoshoots there. For the uninitiated, Batavus is a Dutch manufacturer of commuting bicycles and for a short time in the late 80's, sponsored our professional team.
https://www.batavus.nl/

Yeah i couldn't really recall you nexting BadMoFo or something. RIP BooFoo tho. Sad.

P.S. Nice to have cycled for Batavus! Pretty cool.

Yeah i couldn't really recall you nexting BadMoFo or something. RIP BooFoo tho. Sad.

P.S. Nice to have cycled for Batavus! Pretty cool.

I was a bottom-of-the-queue domestique. I carried water and food for the good riders, pushed them when they had to pee, and was one of the early leadouts for our talented leadouts that brought up our sprinters.

Despite not being any good, I DID get to do the Amstel Gold Race, Het Volk, La Flèche Wallonne. I didn't get to do Flanders or Paris Roubaix, but my friends did. I've raced against Adri Van der Poel, and Eric Vanderaarden, if you know who they are.

I'm still not even sure how BadMofo died. There were whispers that he had some kind of seizure after a hard night, but I don't know. I think Scooby knows; they were good friends.

Vanster (Banster) wants to be banned so he has something else to blame happening to him 'that is not his fault'.

I thought BadMoFo committed suicide man. Not sure.

The "I Like A Fucky" sig from him was one of the best in TW history tho.

Back