[Bigly News] [Angle Land] Parking fine placed on car where permit was hidden by snow

Edofnor

Veteran XX
Parking fine placed on car where permit was hidden by snow - BBC News

A council has issued a £70 parking fine to a driver whose permit was hidden by the snow on his car's windscreen.

Oliver Claxton, from Chester Green, in Derby, who had been working away in London for a few months, was surprised when he returned home to find he had been fined.

He said he had never moved the permit from his car, so has challenged the fine from Derby City Council.

The council said it was looking into it and would respond to Mr Claxton soon.

:cool: Real International News :cool:

I got a ticket once for parking with the rear end of my car over the sidewalk. The cop neglected to mention that there was 8" of fresh powder on the ground. I went to the local PD and contested it. I pointed out the date and they dropped it right there.

I did not make international news. I didn't even make local. WTF? I fought the law and I won. I should have had parades thrown in my honor.

I've never been forgiven a ticket or let off the hook when pulled over. I don't even try; just bend over. God gives me the best parking spots (friends and family are amazed even though I like to walk.) But he also gives me tickets.

I had my car towed from a parking lot that had a small sign, laying face down in the mud, at the entrance opposite from where I entered that read cars would be towed after hours...I called the police. We spent 20 minutes looking for the sign, and when they found it I had to pay $125 to get my car back....bullshit.

Idiot security guard slapped a red parking sticker on my windshield because I parked on a yellow striped area. In a snowstorm. I read him the riot act, and he helped me peel it off.

I had a parking ticket last week. I beat it cause it turns out that I used the wrong pay meter. The correct one was much farther away. So they gave me a warning and quashed the fine.

I got a parking ticket on a rental after I put the wrong license plate number into the machine

I used the plate # listed on the key chain

Rental place said it was normal for keys not to match the car o.o

I had a receipt and the ticket people said ok good enough

Thrilling

Back