diablo 3

a glee thing?

do we need to start a fund raising thread to send mme to jesus camp to get the gay out of him

got beta access yesterday from someone

i dont see the point of playing beta if you're locked on normal difficulty. lets hold down our mosue button and watch an entire room of baddies die without losing 1/3 health. how is that worth doing moret han a couple hours?

gameplay is still classic + fun but it feels super dated, like im playing an old game but new graphics - like some HD remake/remix.

I use to die all the time playing on normal in D2. Rushing into later levels before you have the required skill/gear = trouble.

yeah i wonder how they are determining balancing stuff for later levels if beta is (basically) only the first couple hours of gameplay.

The beta is not even the entire first act. So it's basically like playing Diablo 2 Act 1 up until you fight the blacksmith guarding the hammer or maybe only as far as Blood Raven considering the max level difference in this game.

So yeah, I don't think the beta is supposed to offer much of a challenge.

I use to die all the time playing on normal in D2. Rushing into later levels before you have the required skill/gear = trouble.

yes i have come close 2 death many times in d2 in like 2 hours of play

very few times in like 20 hours of d3 beta

my guess is they had 2 remove most reasonable chances of death in normal 2 create the need 4 inferno

or mayb beta really is just for stress testing battle net as many have said

this may not play nething like retail

I treat the beta as an early preview of the game. Its nice being able to see what the game is like and what the classes do. I don't think anyone died before Andariel back in Diablo 2 and the Skeleton King is nowhere near that.

I don't know if any of you remember D2 beta, but all it had was the barbarian class and progression was limited to blood raven. Finding a gem shrine was like whoaaaa and it took a while before we figured out that activating a gem shrine with a gem in your inventory would yield a higher quality version of the gem... and the new gem would drop on the floor for anyone to pick up. Its like a precursor for the fastest fingers looting. Also, D3 beta plays like a mini game all on its own; much more content than D2 beta.

Speaking of blood raven, according to the storyline, she was the rogue from D1, the summoner in act 2 was the sorcerer and the dark wanderer was the warrior.

Back