Godzilla! Huge Earthquake in Japan

Really hoping that's a typo on Kyodo.

Kyodo News

BREAKING NEWS: Radiation 1,000 times higher than normal detected at nuke plant: safety panel
this is what i feared would happen when i was watching it last night. my mom and i have been talking about this all day.

EARTH QUAKE NUKE POWER PLANT GOJIRZZAAAA!!!!!

oh wait, didnt read that awesome post by Gow Jomo?

Radiation wont leak out like what you're thinking.

am i the only one who suspects the death toll figures are being grossly underestimated?

i mean after watching the different footage... there is no fucking way this tsunami hasn't claimed tens of thousands

i remember with the indonesia tsunami the figures started extremely low, then in a week went up to 250k...

if the final figures from this remain under 10k i'll be damn impressed

am i the only one who suspects the death toll figures are being grossly underestimated?

i mean after watching the different footage... there is no fucking way this tsunami hasn't claimed tens of thousands

i remember with the indonesia tsunami the figures started extremely low, then in a week went up to 250k...

It's just now getting light out, so they can get to some of those hardest hit areas.

well yeah, its kind of hard to count bodies when they're trapped in rubble or swept away with the current

and i don't think counting bodies is their main priority right now

shark.jpg

i have a feeling the PM is thinking this:

*edit- someone edit his voice to say, "FUCK YOU EARTHQUAKE and, FUCK YOU TSUNAMI!!!"

Last edited:
EARTH QUAKE NUKE POWER PLANT GOJIRZZAAAA!!!!!

oh wait, didnt read that awesome post by Gow Jomo?

Radiation wont leak out like what you're thinking.

2153: The pressure inside one of the six Boiling Water Reactors (BWRs) at the Fukushima-Daiichi plant has built up because the cooling system was damaged by the earthquake. The heat produced by the nuclear reaction inside the core still needs to be dissipated even after a shutdown. If the outage in the cooling system persists, eventually radiation could leak out into the environment, and, in the worst case, could cause a reactor meltdown, experts say.

you take that back. subarus come from japan.

also everything is obviously just fine over there. what i mean to say is, "it's nothing a few different grains of sandpaper couldn't fix."

They have factories in other countries like most (all?) Japanese auto manufacturers, your future purchasing decisions have not been affected.

i don't think counting bodies is their main priority right now

Yep, the dead are pretty low-maintenance in the short term. Better to worry about the living.

I think 1,000 people dead is a very low estimate after watching the morning helicopter shots on NHK. :-\

What I'm trying to figure out is the time between the quake and the tsunami.

The quake was at 14:46 (2:56pm) local time, which I assume is JST.
A wave was seen at 3:55pm JST flooding Sendai Airport.

Was there an hour between the quake and the tsunami hitting?
Hopefully they had an hour to get the hell out of dodge, and use their tsunami drills to their advantage.

What I'm trying to figure out is the time between the quake and the tsunami.

The quake was at 14:46 (2:56pm) local time, which I assume is JST.
A wave was seen at 3:55pm JST flooding Sendai Airport.

Was there an hour between the quake and the tsunami hitting?
Hopefully they had an hour to get the hell out of dodge, and use their tsunami drills to their advantage.

yeah it was around 20-60 minutes from the quake to the tsunami hitting various areas

Back