Godzilla! Huge Earthquake in Japan

Been watching for a while, and the 88k number hasn't been mentioned again. Hopefully somebody misread something

what i am more worried about is the effected nuclear plants. i really hope they can cool those fuckers.

what i am more worried about is the effected nuclear plants. i really hope they can cool those fuckers.

I'm pretty sure a nuclear power plant in japan would be built to withstand a strong earthquake.

Edit: Withstand as in not release any radioactive material.

At least 137 people were killed, 539 were injured and 351 were missing after the 8.9-magnitude earthquake that hit Japan on Friday, according to the Kyodo News Agency, citing police. Additionally, between 200 and 300 bodies have been found in the coastal city of Sendai in Miyagi Prefecture following the subsequent tsunami that struck that area. The death toll is likely to rise as there are few casualty counts yet from the worst-hit areas.

Amazing pics:

Aftermath of the Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan - Photographs - NYTimes.com

20110311_japan-slide-TF7K-jumbo.jpg

20110311_japan-slide-FRA4-jumbo.jpg

unreal pics, pretty cool, even more cool to think that even with that, these people were prepared for something like this happening and will be back to normal within days.

unreal pics, pretty cool, even more cool to think that even with that, these people were prepared for something like this happening and will be back to normal within days.

did you guys know, LGBR lived in Japan. he knows what he's talking about...

You're kidding yourself

I could believe it. The overall damage from quakes is inversely proportional to the level of development. That's why you can have 200K+ dead from a 7.0 in Haiti but the Japanese shrug off an 8.9.

A country that has robot hookers is also going to have building codes.

Back