Portugal legalized the use of all drugs 5 years ago...

DillingerEscp

Veteran XV
5 Years After: Portugal's Drug Decriminalization Policy Shows Positive Results

ortuguese government in 2001 tried a new tack to get a handle on the problem—it decriminalized the use and possession of heroin, cocaine, marijuana, LSD and other illicit street drugs.

"Drug decriminalization did reach its primary goal in Portugal," of reducing the health consequences of drug use, he says, "and did not lead to Lisbon becoming a drug tourist destination."

Until now, there has been no increase in sped up coke addicts or meth heads disrupting life for Portugal's fine, upstanding citizens. Similarly, comatose heroin addicts are becoming less bountiful in alleyways and side streets.

When can America get it's act together, suppress it's urge to cast it's sense of morality onto everyone in the form of a "war on drugs", and get rid of the nonsense drug laws created by people who have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

A spokesperson for the White House's Office of National Drug Control Policy declined to comment, citing the pending Senate confirmation of the office's new director, former Seattle Police Chief Gil Kerlikowske. The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs also declined to comment on the report.

Of course we don't want to comment.

When can America get it's act together, suppress it's urge to cast it's sense of morality onto everyone in the form of a "war on drugs", and get rid of the nonsense drug laws created by people who have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

Never, because the "war on drugs" employs hundreds of thousands of Americans.

[03:13am] 4[mstrike4] holla
[03:13am] 4[mstrike4] andrew
[03:13am] 4[mstrike4] chris almost got in a fight with fraggle
[03:13am] 4[mstrike4] he got too drunk
[03:13am] 4[mstrike4] and couldnt handle his trolls
[03:13am] 4[mstrike4] and button pressing
[03:13am] 4[mstrike4] he put his fist up like he was going to hit eph
[03:14am] 4[mstrike4] then eph called him a faggot to his face
[03:14am] 4[mstrike4] and he wouldnt do shit
[03:14am] 4[mstrike4] i dont even know what even started it
[03:14am] 4[mstrike4] chris is just a drunk
[03:14am] 4[mstrike4] even brad thought it was funny

[04:22am] 4[fraggle4] dillinger tried to fight me mase

[05:06am] 4[naptown4]14 did he really pull his fist up to punch you
[05:06am] 4[mstrike4] or hell just not want you here
[05:07am] 4[fraggle4] yes
[05:07am] 4[fraggle4] and i didnt flinch
[05:07am] 4[fraggle4] and he didnt do anything
[05:07am] 4[fraggle4] because he's a pussy
[05:07am] 4[naptown4]14 who holds their fist up

If you're going to legalize shit like cocaine then whats the point in requiring prescriptions for controlled substances? Assuming they do not fold these currently illegal drugs into the controlled substances group. If they did roll them into that, it wouldn't make a whole lot of difference unless we assume people would drop the hard shit for pot and hash etc.

can you imagine the first few months if that happened in the US?

Nothing would happen.

I don't know anyone who currently wishes to do drugs, but doesn't simply because they're illegal. That's nonsense.

If I wanna do coke or heroin I'll do it, the law really doesn't matter. Who's gonna catch me snorting coke in my own living room anyway?

Nothing would happen.

I don't know anyone who currently wishes to do drugs, but doesn't simply because they're illegal. That's nonsense.

If I wanna do coke or heroin I'll do it, the law really doesn't matter. Who's gonna catch me snorting coke in my own living room anyway?

I don't do drugs because they are illegal (and my employer drug tests)
To admit even nerdier... I've never done drugs. Because they are illegal. If they were legal, I would have.

Your employer tests for drugs, I'd wager that's the real reason you're not doing em.

You realize you can get drugs very easily and do them in the privacy of your own home correct? I know so many people who recreationally do all kinds of shit... cocaine, mdma, weed, shrooms, whatever. Then again Im in Canada and the general attitude towards drugs is much more lax so whatever..

Back