Best Opening Scene in a Movie

International trade dispute negotiations break down in tragic violence with religious extremists…

no wait

Its raiders

Reservoir Dogs, breakfast.

"I don't tip."

Let me tell you what "Like A Virgin" is about. It's all about this cooze who's a regular fuck machine. I'm talkin' morning, day, night, afternoon... dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick!

< How many "dicks" is that? >

< A lot. >

Then one day, she meets this John Holmes motherfucker. It's like, "Whoa, baby." He's like Charles Bronson in "The Great Escape." He's diggin' tunnels. Now she's gettin' serious dick action. She's feelin' somethin' she ain't felt since forever: pain, pain.

< Chew? Toby Chew? No. >

It hurts. It hurts her. It shouldn't hurt her. Her pussy should be Bubble-Yum by now. But when this cat fucks her, it hurts. It hurts just like it did the first time. You see, the pain is reminding a fuck machine... what it was once like to be a virgin. Hence, "Like A Virgin."

< Wong >

bladerunner
res dogs
pulp fiction
goodfellas
godfather
raiders
there will be blood
saving private ryan
jaws

also honorable mention for these 2 v similar super 90's intros:
blade
the replacement killers

Scream was pretty legendary at the time. Everyone assumed Drew Barrymore was the lead. She was featured most prominently on all the posters and promos, biggest name in the film, dead in 5.

Back