Veteran XX
Last edited:
IMG-20230119-WA0006.jpg

Now she's starting to send me pictures of OFN
This LG was made in 2020...
But it comes with a sound bar!
33,000 pesos
($300 Us more than the Samsung)

I think I'm going to get roped into having to go over there and pick one....

I've already lived through my heyday of 120 in projector screen in a dark room with awesome sound

Now I don't care what they watch Netflix on

Last edited:
I just sent my wife this picture with this message
'or we can dress up and go out to dinner a few times...'
IMG-20230119-150439419-HDR.jpg

IMG-20230119-150500692-HDR.jpg

Upgraded main TV in lounge from a 10+ year old plasma to this big unit:

LG NANO91 Series 86 inch 4K TV w/ AI ThinQ®

It's f'n massive and 200 hertz/frames? or some shit so good for sports etc. It's so big I think when we sell the house in 10 years it stays with the house.

Real 4K NanoCell - Nano Colour, Nano Black, Nano Bezel, Full Array Dimming Pro
Alpha 7 Gen4 AI Processor 4K - AI Picture, AI Sound, HDMI 2.1 features (HFR, eARC), TruMotion 200

https://www.lg.com/au/tvs/lg-86nano91tpa

A lot cheaper than listed on webpage.

I don't know TV tech but had son check it out. We love it. Had it delivered and installed with cables hidden in wall. Connects to wifi.

I have a soundbar in another room but I prefer 5.1 so added a bluetooth Yamaha receiver, and 5.1 speakers to the lounge area.

My youtube videos on pyramids and aliens etc look unreal.

Barely fit in the elevator.
42,856.07 pesos
I like saying things in pesos it makes me feel rich.
I still 100% love the OLED pictures but they're like three times the price for the same size.

IMG-20230121-171656582-HDR.jpg

It will hang here.
IMG-20230121-171604317-HDR.jpg

IMG-20230121-171715475-HDR.jpg

Not the LG I thought I'd get; this one cost $250 more for supposedly better technology who knows...

Last edited:
I love me some OLED, I’m still rocking a 65 lg oled b7 with 11k+ hours and some pretty noticeable burn-in on red screens… but some of these new mini-leds are getting pretty good. They get way brighter and the contrast and local-dimming ghosting are getting better despite not being OLED levels. The ai processing BS may sound like a gimmick but ultimately that’s what is going to be the next driver for picture quality. Faster more accurate upscaling that they’re capable of really is starting to transform how older content appears in faux 4K.

My wife and I got it out of the box and set up to watch last night. ~120 lbs so I had to promise endless back rubs... it won't be the first time I've lied.

IMG-20230122-071540527.jpg

It delivers for me. Big Bright and not too out there on cost. Picture is better than I thought, but I'm glad I don't have an oled close by to compare. Bright is important though because this condo is one big window of sun.

Upgraded main TV in lounge from a 10+ year old plasma to this big unit:

I have a soundbar in another room but I prefer 5.1 so added a bluetooth Yamaha receiver, and 5.1 speakers to the lounge area.

My youtube videos on pyramids and aliens etc look unreal.

Nice
Hook it up to an Atmos or DTSX capable 5.1.2 and stick some speakers in the roof - it's awesome, like the first time you heard surround sound, but even better.

My wife and I got it out of the box and set up to watch last night. ~120 lbs so I had to promise endless back rubs... it won't be the first time I've lied.

IMG-20230122-071540527.jpg

It delivers for me. Big Bright and not too out there on cost. Picture is better than I thought, but I'm glad I don't have an oled close by to compare. Bright is important though because this condo is one big window of sun.

Looks great, you need to hire a few Mexicans to hang it on the wall.
Or do you hire poor American backpackers down there? :)

I'm weighing some options right now. We have a very good guy that hung our smaller 55 inch that will come over to hang it. He sent us a pic of an 86" he hung the other day.
option 1
We build a support system with room for a fake electric fireplace heater underneath and just use the legs of the TV
option 2
We hang it. The wall is strong, but? This TV is right at 120 lbs... man. I would also like to use an articulating arm tv support; I bought one at the place I picked up the TV, but it's rated for only 110 lbs....(I may order a beefier one I found on Amazon.) Still, it would be a little scary to pull that heavy thing out and around without worrying a little about failure. It would be nice to pull the tv out and turn it toward the kitchen or away from the sun.

T.V., it satellite links our United States of unconsciousness, apathetic therapeutic and extremely addictive. the methadone metronome pumping out a 150 channels 24 hours a day

It’s the perpetuation of the two party system, where image takes precedence over wisdom, where sound bite politics are served to the fastfood culture

Television is the drug of the nation breeding ignorance and feeding radiation

I just like buying and setting new stuff up. The trill is already gone and reduced to youtube surf videos.

Television is the drug of the nation breeding ignorance and feeding radiation Television is the drug of the nation breeding ignorance and feeding radiation Television is the drug of the nation breeding ignorance and feeding radiation Television is the drug of the nation breeding ignorance and feeding radiation

if i remember right that has to repeat a few times

I dream of ever having as clean a sink as samUwell
fu I'll finish it...
Thinking about some cinder blocks and a plank of wood

I dream of ever having as clean a sink as samUwell
fu I'll finish it...
Thinking about some cinder blocks and a plank of wood
I shit you not... that is what my dad did for his TV. My mom made the mistake of making a snide comment and BAM! It's his favorite TV stand. :lol:

Back