4th of July Grilling Questions

Zanthious

Worthless
Veteran XX
So bros i just bought this

Old Country BBQ Pits Pecos Smoker | Academy

and i've never grilled before. So there is a "wood" box in the side where i guess i put in charcoal and wood and shit but im confused. So i light up the charcoal and like get it going then i shut this thing and open the vents on the side and it will just heat up the big part?

i been watching youtube videos on how to grill with a bbq like this but it doesnt make sense to me. I adjust the pipe on the top to control temp?

i have a temp radar on it what the hell..

Anyways grill masters.. any tips?

Show off your grills SON

i've never grilled before

confused-meme.gif

Fill that fucker up with good old fashioned gasoline and torch that bitch.
Nothing worse than being hungry and waiting around for some damn purist to slow cook that shit over natural wood.

What the fuck did Americans invent science for anyway?

Fill that fucker up with good old fashioned gasoline and torch that bitch.
Nothing worse than being hungry and waiting around for some damn purist to slow cook that shit over natural wood.

What the fuck did Americans invent science for anyway?

:rofl:

I have one similar, I don’t use the firebox unless smoking something big like a brisket. I usually make a charcoal fire on the side nearest the fire box (cause that’s where the vent is) place a pan full of water on the other side. Put your meat over the water and drop some soaked wood chips on top of the well lit charcoal.

Open your vent bout a 1/4 of the way. If it gets to hot close the vent some, if fire is going out open the vent more. Add wood chips periodically to keep it smoking, add charcoal if the fire is looking wimpy.

On the left you can see pan full of water under the meat, on the right you can see I just added some charcoal to extend my fires life, after the new charcoal is well lit I will throw some soaked wood chips on top to get the smoke going again.

Last edited:
the pipe on the top is your smoke stack it'll stay almost closed when you are smoking (unless your temp is getting to hot, you can open the smoke stack some to let some of the heat vent off). The vent should be at the bottom of your firebox on the right open it about 1/4. If your fire is dying open the vent more, if your fire is to hot open the smoke stack more and close the vent some.

Last edited:
I have one similar, I don’t use the firebox unless smoking something big like a brisket. I usually make a charcoal fire on the side nearest the fire box (cause that’s where the vent is) place a pan full of water on the other side. Put your meat over the water and drop some soaked wood chips on top of the well lit charcoal.

Open your vent bout a 1/4 of the way. If it gets to hot close the vent some, if fire is going out open the vent more. Add wood chips periodically to keep it smoking, add charcoal if the fire is looking wimpy.

On the left you can see pan full of water under the meat, on the right you can see I just added some charcoal to extend my fires life, after the new charcoal is well lit I will throw some soaked wood chips on top to get the smoke going again.

this legit af

Im sorry my guy. You seem well rounded(minus grillin of course) enough.

Props to your Ma.

Back