Tent inside home for heat retention during power outage. General Prep.

Reggs

Veteran XX
It's been getting to be well below freezing at night. If the power were to go out I think I'd have a rough time. When Texas had the ice storm I saw on the news some people would set tents up inside their home.

Does this work well even if you don't have a heat source? Will your body heat be retained enough to matter? And if so, Im guessing as small a tent as possible would be preferable?

What are some other ideas to prep for something like power going out in the freezing winter?

Tent plus sleeping bag inside a small airtight room (preferably no window) should be fine for heat.

I like these reggs posts because he's a genuinely confused city boy starting to think about his survival in the real world

It's authentic tw content

And once you think you are ready, come home on a Friday and turn the power off to your home at the breaker and live like that for the weekend. Document any issues or challenges about that weekend and on Sunday night, turn the power back on. From that short weekend, you should have a good idea of everything else you will need to help you survive with no power. To make it even more challenging, turn off your water too. However, I believe that is best done after you do the 1st weekend with no power.

No cheating, either.

I like these reggs posts because he's a genuinely confused city boy starting to think about his survival in the real world

It's authentic tw content

He also fully believes he's smarter than like 95% of tw

(which, I mean it isn't hard to be smarter than 75%)

Or if you want to be super cheap, get a couple decent sized terra cotta pots, a couple bricks and a couple candles. put the pots over the bricks, candles between the bricks and light them. It wont heat the whole house up but it will keep a small room somewhat warm

You would need around 35 tea candles to equal one 1500w space heater's worth of heat (you need to replace those 35 tea candles every 3 hours or so).

You also better be using a carbon monoxide detector if you're going to be building a small fireplace out of tea candles (and hopefully not near anything flammable).

uh huh, so my gf who lights 5 candles while having a bath should be dead 100x over

:rolleyes:

only good in this thread came from synth and whoever said put a fucking blanket on

Or if you want to be super cheap, get a couple decent sized terra cotta pots, a couple bricks and a couple candles. put the pots over the bricks, candles between the bricks and light them. It wont heat the whole house up but it will keep a small room somewhat warm

This might work in FL but good luck doing this in actual cold weather

uh huh, so my gf who lights 5 candles while having a bath should be dead 100x over

:rolleyes:

only good in this thread came from synth and whoever said put a fucking blanket on
Does your gf light 35 candles and sit in the bath for more than 3 hours at a time with all the drafts in the room sealed off (in an attempt to preserve warmth)?

If so, she should probably stop... :weird:

Back