Alec Baldwin just killed someone

I thought the first rule of firearm safety was never assume the gun is empty?

Someone hands you a gun, you check it. It doesn't matter who handed the gun to you.

Baldwin is a veteran actor who's been in enough films involving him having to handle and shoot a firearm to have received this speech numerous times. He should know this by now... even if his gun was supposed to be loaded with "dud" prop bullets for show, at some point he allowed that gun to point in the direction of the cinematographer and that is also a breech of basic firearm discipline. You always remain mindful of where the barrel is pointing and never allow it to "flag" some one or some thing that shouldn't get shot. This is such an easy mistake for an inexperienced shooter to make and it happens often.

This is also why I don't think we can assume he was aiming at her intentionally, Baldwin could have just been very negligent in his muzzle discipline and wasn't mindful of where the firearm was pointing.

No shit. I even handle "fake guns" like a real gun. Airsoft, cap guns, paintball guns, pellet guns, even toys. It's simple. Don't fuck with guns. Always follow protocol.

Airsoft and paintball are a little different but you need the right gear and an organized game that follows some rules. If you don't, someone is going to lose an eye. Almost for sure.

Ralphy knows.
"You'll shoot yer eye out, kid"

I thought the first rule of firearm safety was never assume the gun is empty?

Someone hands you a gun, you check it. It doesn't matter who handed the gun to you.

Baldwin is a veteran actor who's been in enough films involving him having to handle and shoot a firearm to have received this speech numerous times. He should know this by now... even if his gun was supposed to be loaded with "dud" prop bullets for show, at some point he allowed that gun to point in the direction of the cinematographer and that is also a breech of basic firearm discipline. You always remain mindful of where the barrel is pointing and never allow it to "flag" some one or some thing that shouldn't get shot. This is such an easy mistake for an inexperienced shooter to make and it happens often.

This is also why I don't think we can assume he was aiming at her intentionally, Baldwin could have just been very negligent in his muzzle discipline and wasn't mindful of where the firearm was pointing.

The point of having a gun safety person there is so that actors aren't fucking with the firearms in the first place. The "expert" hands them a safe prop.

The point of having a gun safety person there is so that actors aren't fucking with the firearms in the first place. The "expert" hands them a safe prop.

I've seen trained police officers make this mistake. It doesn't matter who handed you the gun, you can't assume anything. Situations like this accident are why this rule exists.

It doesn't matter who hands you the gun, you check it to make sure it is empty. You rehearse this behavior until it is ingrained into your brain as a muscle reflex.

An Armorer will generally do this with you and both of you will check the weapon together. Often the Armorer should hand you the revolver with the cylinder open, tell you how many rounds are loaded and "live", close the cylinder and have you repeat the number of live shots back to them.

Obviously all of this is compounded by the fact that we're dealing in illusion of make-believe and things are designed to look like real bullets... which is also why you should always behave as if they actually are real bullets even if you feel certain they are not.

Because an accident occurred and someone died... one, some or all of this was ignored resulting in tragedy.

Last edited:
I know little to nothing about guns, but there's one thing that's absolutely obvious about this scenario that only a non-gun user could spot. And in my considered opinion it's this...

I have absolutely no idea what the fuck happened here, and contrary to what you are all trying to tell yourselves and everyone else (because after all being a gun expert is so MANLY), neither do you.

/thread, you're welcome.

Whoa, slow down everyone. We got off topic again. This thread is supposed to be about Mitch.

lmao okay

4bjNyGV4.png

also an interesting coincidence

Alec Baldwin shooting victim was wife of Latham Watkins lawyer | Reuters

vaueMmpc.jpeg

Wow yeah that little cunt totally looks like someone I'd trust to behave like a professional

yea havax stop DOXXING random ppl bro

lmao

also seriously, if i was alec and wanted to kill someone on set, all i'd have to do is take a gun from that dumb bitch and slip a real shell in there without anyone noticing and i'm home free, all the blame is going to that fucking green haired thing, sure as shit.

Back