American people are generally awesome......

thanks Mitch

we accept you acknowledging Americans are awesome

and

i appreciate you admitting to being a lesser individual

it has long been known that Americans are generally far more agreeable in person than they are on the internet

i think part of it is that the culture is just so friendly and enthusiastic, especially compared to us Brits

I remember always being blown away when visiting the US at how straight up NICE everyone was, even staff in shops and restaurants were over the top friendly. Even if it's not genuine, it creates a certain impression

that superficial impression doesn't come across when typing on the internet

i think another big part of it is that we're more likely to talk about real shit than trivialities when we're online - therefore, there is wider scope for disagreement and slight differences in culture being magnified

in person it's hard to ignore the fact that we're all mostly the same :) and i imagine most of us are generally fairly decent friendly people

but online the small differences are magnified...and because people are people, we are dicks to each other...

I was trying to write this whole post without having a dig at America, but i can't :lol: part of the answer to Mitch's question is that you guys are generally quite arrogant - due to the way American history is spun in schools and the mega patriotism culture - and so you find it ludicrous that most of the rest of the world doesn't think the same way as you on stuff like gun control, healthcare, etc. And we generally feel the same way, but reversed ;>

and so we all get on much better in person because you generally don't talk about all that shit...when us foreign fucks are in America we're just like 'great food, hot women, good weather and scenery, friendly people, this is awesome! :cool:'

the end

it has long been known that Americans are generally far more agreeable in person than they are on the internet

i think part of it is that the culture is just so friendly and enthusiastic, especially compared to us Brits

I remember always being blown away when visiting the US at how straight up NICE everyone was, even staff in shops and restaurants were over the top friendly. Even if it's not genuine, it creates a certain impression

that superficial impression doesn't come across when typing on the internet

i think another big part of it is that we're more likely to talk about real shit than trivialities when we're online - therefore, there is wider scope for disagreement and slight differences in culture being magnified

in person it's hard to ignore the fact that we're all mostly the same :) and i imagine most of us are generally fairly decent friendly people

but online the small differences are magnified...and because people are people, we are dicks to each other...

I was trying to write this whole post without having a dig at America, but i can't :lol: part of the answer to Mitch's question is that you guys are generally quite arrogant - due to the way American history is spun in schools and the mega patriotism culture - and so you find it ludicrous that most of the rest of the world doesn't think the same way as you on stuff like gun control, healthcare, etc. And we generally feel the same way, but reversed ;>

and so we all get on much better in person because you generally don't talk about all that shit...when us foreign fucks are in America we're just like 'great food, hot women, good weather and scenery, friendly people, this is awesome! :cool:'

the end

Nailed it. I got nothin'

Tbh, I have found that all people wherever they are from are generally awesome. It’s the noisy whiny fanatical minorities everywhere that suck.

Rage quit number 8 or whatever it is. It's been fun but I really should be doing better things with my life.

My parting messages...............

Pagy, I love you.

Havax, we both know that The Orange fella is on borrowed time.

NGFM. Thanks for your innocence, I gave you a hard time but deep down I think you're a good guy. Much love dood.

Captain Tele: Last but not least. Go outside fella, it's actually pretty nice out there. As I sign off i'm genuinely intrigued by who you are and why you do this. I'll be in Cali in the next year or so and would be very happy to have a beer with you. If you need a friend.

So that's it. I might lurk a bit but this is my finally post. Catharsis.

Mitchdubai out.
-1957 rep roflmao

Americans are by and large friendly and enthusiastic IRL and most of them are similar online. It's only a subset of people that turn into Mr. Hyde on the internet. TW is not a representative sample.

I am the nicest fucking son of a bitch ever you motherfuckers i'll have a beer with anyone

Back