I'm tired of people complaining about guitar hero

Wyrm

Contributor
Veteran XX
or rock band.

"Just learn the actual instrument!" "What's the point of pretending to play guitar?" Fuck that. No one bitches about other video games.

Red Dead Redemption? Fucking learn to ride a horse and fire a rifle.
Assassin's Creed? Why pretend to assassinate people when you can do it in real life?

Jesus Christ. Games are games.

out of the blue rant is out of the blue

:lol: true. I was just reflecting back on a conversation last weekend. A friend of mine was complaining about guitar hero and that it's a waste of time. I pointed out that she plays left for dead and red dead redemption. She countered by pointing out that she's a good musician and mumbling some garbage that didn't make sense.

Because with the amount of time some people spend trying to 5 star songs, they could be pretty good at said instrument.

If people spent as much time training as they did playing street fighter, they could become skilled in martial arts. No one makes that argument because it's fucking stupid. Why should guitar hero be any different?

well tbh if more people played instruments and assassinated people in real life.. ahh what a wonderland

Is it ok to be a drummer in real life and be awesome at Rock Band because of it?

it's awesome to plug in and play rockband as a family. my 6 yo kicks ass on drums. my boy plays killer guitar but doesnt play with us much anymore. im bass and vocals... sooooooo much fun

I don't think anyone has ever mentioned GH or RB to me in conversation.

You need to find a less nerdy circle to mix in.

(we only talk about WoW :razz: :boogie:)

I don't see why you'd suggest someone learn an instrument because they play a game on a controller that's vaguely shaped like one.

Have you ever seen someone playing DDR and suggested they just go learn celtic dancing?

i don't see guitar hero/rock band as anything different to that.

Back