The official "I don't ever want kids" thread

I don't trust people that say they WANT kids. Cool I'm carrying on my last name! Who gives a fuck? None of that shit matters in life.

of course people with lil bastards are going to talk about how great they are, they want to drag us down with them so they have somebody who will want to listen to their stupid stories.

I thought the whole kids are like your fantasy football team, nobody gives a shit about them but you rule was well established until after college and I found out every 40 year old who looked miserable wanted to tell you about their kids.

Plus your natural instinct to protect them destroys a large part of your logic. Instead of thinking what is right you start thinking what about the children for everything and get stupid laws passed.

People just need to have kids as late as possible.

Why couples have babies when they are in the infancy of their earning power with zero savings, and likely a lot of debt is beyond me.

This really isn't rocket science. Any one with kids or who wants them knows they have to sacrifice in other areas of their life and really its only matters if they see it as a bad thing or not.

Technically it is rocket science because there are more than a few young moms in my workplace who really haven't needed to sacrifice anything, they still go out and party and shit whenever they want. I would suspect they use their parents as enthusiastic and willing babysitters for all the times they don't want to be a parent for several hours.

That's the thing, I didn't want kids when I was in my 20s and piss poor.

Now, I don't want kids because I don't want to be that 40+ year old guy chasing around a toddler.

3) Saying bye-bye to the doing the things you wanted to do with your life for a long time (go to Thailand? ha ha, not this decade fucker)

13) Unless you are really lucky, that kid completely fucked your woman's smoking body and it won't go back to the way it was before because she doesn't give a shit anymore...she had your baby and she's got your ass on the hook now.

These two are the only things that bother me. Everything else is just a minor annoyance that can be overcome by the love of the child :)

Although once I hit my mid-teens, my dad started traveling the world (for business, but still). He has been all over Europe, Asia, South America, Australia, and the US. He stayed in France from April - May and came back just last week. So I guess #3 is not a big deal either

Ha this thread is brilliant. Everyone in here saying how they are never going to have kids. I bet that at least half will have kids before your time is out. Also sometimes there is just no planning these things.

In famous words " shit happens"

only takes one drunk night

Having worked at an agency dealing with Elders trying to maintain their independence (stay out of nursing homes) has made me want to have kids. The elders without kids to help them in their later years, and without money to pay for expensive assisted living, are screwed.

Think of it as an investment. You wipe their asses now, and they will wipe yours later.

That's the thing, I didn't want kids when I was in my 20s and piss poor.

Now, I don't want kids because I don't want to be that 40+ year old guy chasing around a toddler.

How are you poor in your 20s unless you have no education?

Out of college I had more money than I knew what to do with, thankfully I was smart enough to invest probably 30% of my salary, but still.

Having worked at an agency dealing with Elders trying to maintain their independence (stay out of nursing homes) has made me want to have kids. The elders without kids to help them in their later years, and without money to pay for expensive assisted living, are screwed.

Think of it as an investment. You wipe their asses now, and they will wipe yours later.

No kids means nobody is going to be putting my ass in a home.

Ha this thread is brilliant. Everyone in here saying how they are never going to have kids. I bet that at least half will have kids before your time is out. Also sometimes there is just no planning these things.

In famous words " shit happens"

only takes one drunk night

Plan B pills, abortions, and adoptions. There are options you dumb motherfucker. You're the type of people that fail at sex education.

How are you poor in your 20s unless you have no education?

Out of college I had more money than I knew what to do with, thankfully I was smart enough to invest probably 30% of my salary, but still.
My parents don't believe in paying for education or anything so college, a car, and everything else has all been on my dime.

Plan B pills, abortions, and adoptions. There are options you dumb motherfucker. You're the type of people that fail at sex education.

My parents don't believe in paying for education or anything so college, a car, and everything else has all been on my dime.

I would feel bad putting the full court press on a girl to kill the thing, ive done it with plan B and felt sorta bad but why should she be in full control, men deserve a say in it that the law wont give us.

That is assuming you raise them properly (very rarely do people know how to do this) and assuming your kids will grow up to want to help you out. It's more likely than not you will become a "burden" to them once you hit that point.

I had 70k in student loans, it inst especially a big deal to pay every month.

I would feel bad putting the full court press on a girl to kill the thing, ive done it with plan B and felt sorta bad but why should she be in full control, men deserve a say in it that the law wont give us.
Plan B is a mega dose of birth control pills. It causes a disruption to the uterus so that the fertilized egg will not implant. It is not the abortion pill. The abortion pill is RU486 and it can the best 400 bucks ever spent.

I had 70k in student loans, it inst especially a big deal to pay every month.
It's not a big deal to pay every month, but that's hardly "debt free."

People just need to have kids as late as possible.
that can be good (because typically you and your wife have matured) and it can also be bad (i will be 42 when my kid goes to college) which allows for me to act like a 25 year old again but this time i am more financially secure.

i didn't want to say this originally but most, if not all the reasons to not have kids in this thread are very self centered and selfish reasons. all i read in the list and what others are saying is, "me, me, me, me".

having a kid, especially for males is a huge positive learning experience because us males are naturally very selfish creatures.

if you dont want kids, dont. but look at your reasoning as to why and attempt to rid the "me, me, me" aspect of it. IMO of course.

By the way, this is what your kids do (or soon will).

Of course some will argue that "my" kid will never be like that. Yeah right. Sure there are some lousy parents out there, but there are tons of these kids. Just sign on to Live anytime after school but before the adults get some from work and you get this:

/thread

Back