Question: Is there a battlegroup where wins/loss's are about 50/50 for both sides?

Serious exchange on a Ruin alliance eots game:

Idiot: God why do you all give up as soon as they 3 cap.
Me: Hey I'm all for trying but sometimes it's faster to just recognize when you're just outgeared.
Idiot: Go find a raiding guild and get S4 gear before playing more then, n00b.

bg9/bloodlust... its about 50/50. im alliance side and my honorfu win/loss ratio is at 67% with AV at 56%. its higher than 50 cuz i was there of course :)

happy's tips for bg success and fun:

- always queue up 3 bgs (in order of tokens you need). do not over prioritize daily/weekend bgs.

- assess the troops:
check everyone's gear with a quick look at portrait, hp, mp. also note the class composition. if things dont add up, such as 70% healers or no healers take the next pop.

- winning/losing: if you lose because your team was full of tards DO NOT requeue for at least another 10 sec otherwise you'll probably be paired with the same team against the same team (wait longer for AV). people frequently get losing streaks without waiting to requeue. on the flip side, if you win... requeue ASAP!

- honor weekends and dailies attract honor farming noobs. its best to play with other folks who bg for fun such as WSGers on AV weekends.

- have plan macros for each bg and spam them 10 sec before the start. not earlier or people will forget/get annoyed. simple, nothing elaborate. WSG example:
"hold middle, split their offense, intercept/assist carriers. 1 person grab flag" (whole team rushing base at start is idiotic)

actually i quit again. this time it was metz who went emo first after we started running into a shitload of rogue counter teams in the 1900s (we dru/lock). no point in playing if arena isnt fun anymore.

how's kichu being treated? :)

Last edited:
- have plan macros for each bg and spam them 10 sec before the start. not earlier or people will forget/get annoyed. simple, nothing elaborate. WSG example:
"hold middle, split their offense, intercept/assist carriers. 1 person grab flag" (whole team rushing base at start is idiotic)

Those people are fucking annoying.

More like Happy's tips for having a job in WoW.

Your macro plans would work better for these idiots if you just said "hold middle."

actually i usually just say "hold mid, zerging base is for idiots".... even then i have to explain why half the time (cuz horde are doing the same thing and their base is empty!).

Thanks for the feedback, from all the battlegroups ive played in horde has dominated 99% of the bg's. im looking for a balance where i might win and i might not. winning all the time is boring.

actually i quit again. this time it was metz who went emo first after we started running into a shitload of rogue counter teams in the 1900s (we dru/lock). no point in playing if arena isnt fun anymore.

how's kichu being treated? :)

lol again? jiv is still playing the dr00d.

We're doing druid rogue now, lol.

My rogue is so gimp though.

I would have thought metz quit because he can't afford it anymore becuase he's a jewbag.

lol again? jiv is still playing the dr00d.

We're doing druid rogue now, lol.

My rogue is so gimp though.

I would have thought metz quit because he can't afford it anymore becuase he's a jewbag.

it turns out metz always had $$$ he just doesnt like to spend it unless he absolutely has to. we MAY play again in wotlk, but with d3 and sc2 around the corner thats unlikely.

Really? I'm in Cyclone and the only 50/50 split is at level 19 because of the twinks.

Level 70 BGs go like this on Cyclone:
WSG - Horde Owns
AB - Horde Owns
EotS - Horde Owns
AV - Alliance Always Wins unless it's some kind of fluke.

I play in Cyclone and I do not experience anything like this.

Whenever I go into a BG - having the horde actuall win seems to depend on what day, time of day and bg weekend it is. (Mornings usually better then evenings and weekends tend to suck)

But more often then not I seem to get into pug's where the horde are full of epic fail.

I'm on Cyclone alliance and we get fair percentages at the times I play which is mostly late night/early am.

AVs are almost constant wins unless playing vs a premade.
Eots, ab and wsg are all slightly horde owned but you can still finish the dailies and obtain marks at an ok rate.

Back