How do you install?

Reggs

Veteran XX
Is there a better way to do this? I went through all 4 installation CDs(I lost my DVD) and the whole autoupdate downloading/applying is taking all night long just for the regular game. After this is done I have to do whatever is required for BC.

should have downloaded the most recent trial, burned it to DVD. Then after its finished patching, copy all the patches from your root folder and burn those to a DVD - for the future.

This is new to me. They have full downloads on their site now. I think this is what I need assuming I don't have to dl all the patches separately.

This is a horrible horrible system.

Even if you DL it from the site, you still have to go through a TON of patches. I had to babysit this whole installation ALL NIGHT LONG!

Pro-tip : Once you're fully patched save the patches onto a disc or other location on your hard drive. That way if you have to re-install you can just re-install the patches without having to DL them again.

I usually have a fairly up-to-date install backed up on my external hard-drive, so if I ever need to reinstall, I'm only a patch or two behind.

(Pro tip: Once you have a copy backed up elsewhere, you don't need to run the installer. Just copy/paste the folder into its usual location and run WoW.exe)

Wtf are you on? DSL?

It takes me like an hour to DL the whole thing. I imagine, if you're not on fibre, it might take a bit longer, but not all night.

If you're downloading real slow from the torrent, check your ports and firewall settings. The patching was fast as shit too.

Back