Done till the expansion

ferret

Veteran XX
[Puts on flamesuit]

As I grinded my 'Arm the Wards' daily for the 60th day in a row I realized that I was never going to get where I wanted to be (2k rating, high end content) and that while in game I was working 80% of the time to enjoy 20% of the game. For a player just getting into the game and wanting to raid and compete in Arena, the time commitment was just too much, it added up to:

Grind character to 70 (8 days)
Grind Honor gear (4 days)
Grind Blacksmithing to 375 (2 days)
Grind Tank Set (2 days)
Grind Badges (2 days)

Ultimately I just wanted to get to a place where I could play 8-16 hours a week and not feel like I was 'behind' in the game, and it wasn't going to happen.

The bad thing is I uninstallled when my brother was at 69 3/4, and I was supposed to help him ding 70, but I'm sure he'll understand.

So roughly 18 days played time and I was no where near where I wanted to be in the game. I'm sure it could have went better but sticking with a dead guild for 2 month did me in. Blizz has built the game to keep the veteran players in, but it acts as a deterrent for new players once they realize the time commitments.

I really enjoy this game, to the point where some of my real life goals were getting tainted, my gpa has dropped and my projects at work have suffered, but it never got totally out of hand.

I may be in for the expansion or warhammer, haven't decided, but for now I'm going to shape up for the Long Beach Marathon and cycle 100 miles a week again.

you have s2 with a warrior? gogo team with a druid, easy 2k

My partner is a druid, I have full S2, the S4 gloves, and we do well until his cousin (another warrior) comes in with his honor set and they go 0-5. My partner's about halfway done with his set, so I'm sure we would have got 2k eventually.

18 days of time played and your real life wast tainted?

I had 2 chars, one I promptly rerolled when I hit 70, so about 30 days out of 180, which averages out to about 4 hours a day.

I am glad I rerolled warrior because being an main tank is the best job in the game.

I wont say it was tainted, however I was not excelling as I should have in school and work. My friends stopped calling me on the weekends which was a wake up call as well. Hell, I enjoyed the game alot, and I'm really looking forward to the expansion.

you have s2 with a warrior? gogo team with a druid, easy 2k
Shaman warrior is much easier to get 2k from a warrior's perspective. You can basically spec 33/28 and go sunder something up 5 times and get lucky procs and win. Druid warrior is easy but you actually have to play defensively and intelligently sometimes.

Granted we're just talking about 2k so you can probably play like a retard with druid warrior and get that too.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't ferret the one who was planning to use his nephew to grind stuff?

Yes, actually he sucked at it, but I got some levels out of it and some honor.

I told his parents not to buy it, he pretty much is glued to wow when he's over here.

Another update on ferrets WoW blog, keep me posted.

Blog's going to be on hold for a few months, however I will keep you updated when the exp gets closer.

25 miles on the bike this morning, I'm getting back in shape, but to be honest I'm pretty bored atm.

Back