Are you happy with your income?

When I was 15 I made 5.50 an hour washing dishes, and I used to wish I made the big bucks like all the waiters did...

When I was 18 I waited tables and made like $25k a year, wished I made just another $10k...

Now I'm making about $40k and I still feel poor as shit, wtf... Right now i'm looking at the $60k range thinking it'll be sweet when I can bring in that cash.

Does this end? Does anyone say "yeah, I make JUST enough"...

I'm thinking the only way to live good is the 6 figure range.

depends on what you consider "living good" is.

all i care about is that i've got a roof over my head, enough to put away for retirement, and enough money to go out and have fun(read: gas money) when i'm not working.

i'm only making about 30k right now, since i'm trying to save up and get a house, i can say that i wish i had a bit more to reach that goal faster.

depends on what you consider "living good" is.

all i care about is that i've got a roof over my head, enough to put away for retirement, and enough money to go out and have fun(read: gas money) when i'm not working.

i'm only making about 30k right now, since i'm trying to save up and get a house, i can say that i wish i had a bit more to reach that goal faster.

When I made 25k I was able to save money, pay all my bills, and still go out to eat... I purchased a home, I now make $40k, I live fucking pay check to pay check, with no kids, never get to do anyfucking thing but work.. at least I put money away for retirement though =-/... If I stay at this rate I won't get to enjoy life until I'm fucking 30

I don't make much probably compared to all the millionaires on this board *cough* I'm sure as hell not rich. but I make probably twice what I need to live. I paid off my house and have absolutely zero debt, and there really isn't anything I want that I can't get (realistically) I'm a cheap bastard tho, so I don't ever waste the money I have, though I manage it horribly.

Sure, I'd really love to own a private island, or lots of land in the mountains or some shit, but realistically, I'm pretty happy. :shrug:

no

i might be happy around the 200k mark. ill probably find i want more than that though. unfortunately these things don't buy themselves nor are they cheap to operate.

I think my income is good for what I do. Its not anywhere near as good as I want it to be, which is why im moving from "self employed" to "legitimately owning a business" in the next year or so.

I think my income is good for what I do. Its not anywhere near as good as I want it to be, which is why im moving from "self employed" to "legitimately owning a business" in the next year or so.

Thats not the point. I figured I could start a new thread or post something relevant to an existing thread.

Now, I mean, fuck it. Obviously tribalwar posting space is too expensive to waste.

I won't bug any of you with my posts anymore, don't worry. I'm gone. Fuck tw.

At 25k a year, no, I could really use an extra 5-10k a year, to help save up money.
But, hey, for a busboy going to college, thats not too bad.
And when I get out with my MSEE/BSCE, well, I think I will do just fine.

I used to work at a country club in the largest retirement community in the US. From what he was telling me, you gotta be nuts to own a hospitality business... I guess your funds are so liquid that you don't even make money until you sell the business

Back