Sponsor Guy " You're not getting prizes without signups"
Lan Guy " I can't get signups without prizes"

:rofl:

I thought it was because everyone said they were going to Tribal-Wars, and they probably wouldn't attend MitsuLAN as a result.

So which is it? Compassion or reality?

Mitsubishi said:
My desire to not hurt UVA is why I moved that date Tom...care and compassion...I can not believe you.

hold up, you actually thought you'd pull enough tribers to hurt uva?

scratch that, any people from uva?

Mitsu said:
My desire to not hurt UVA is why I moved that date Tom...care and compassion...I can not believe you.
Given our attendance on the west coast - just under 200 - should be your first clue as to what kind of attendance an unknown LAN would get.

Tom makes a good point, Mitsu. By setting yourself up to fail as badly as all your peers are indicating, you're potentially hurting the entire LAN community by souring sponsorships. Keep in mind, the LAN community basically runs on sponsorships - all those prizes that the players get are donated by the sponsors and/or purchased with seat revenue.

Look, more power to you if you can pull this off - but again, given all the evidence we've seen so far, it's not so much "hating" as it is an experienced rendering of a judgement.

trash-stop.jpg

Oh, it was care and compassion for the little guy that delayed the greatest lan ever, not a total lack of interest. I stand corrected!

Mitsubishi said:

Dude, you are a piece of work. You had a very experienced LAN organizer telling you a loooong time ago - warning you - that what you are attempting is very apt to fail. Then you have others with LAN experience telling you the same damned thing. You were given advice on how to proceed, but in a scaled back, more realistic manner.

And you ignored them all.

Why?

Because you are "special" in some way - because your will to succeed alone will somehow make it all happen.

I ask you in all seriousness:

Spoiler

Because you don't, you must know. You don't have miraculous powers that help you circumvent the laws of LAN throwing. You are not immune to the effects of piss poor planning and ill-conceived ideas such as a New Year's LAN people are JUST hearing about 27 days away. You, too, are subject to the limitations that we all are. And ANYONE trying to pull this off in the fashion and manner that you have, would also fail... as you will. You will not see more than 500 attendees (at best). You can bank on that.

So instead of keeping your head up your ass and playing Candyland with fantasies of thousands of gamers/ravers, pull it out and deal with reality, if you know how. I'm curious if you can... doubtful, but curious.

Back