[Release] Feigned Beliefs

Geiss

Veteran X
LINKS:
http://www.vengeancemaps.com/maps/FeignedBeliefs.zip

http://www.tribalwar.com/rdb/download.php?id=3033

yea, i changed the name cuz the map was changed from its original. anywho, pics:

shot00000.gif

shot00001.gif

shot00002.gif

shot00003.gif

shot00004.gif

shot00005.gif

shot00006.gif

shot00007.gif

shot00008.gif

shot00009.gif

map download link will be posted later, i still have to get the file renamed correctly (it's still MP-FeignBeta.***) . but here's the general readme that i have:

FEIGNED BELIEFS
T:V Map Based on Feign (T2)

Creator: Geiss
Final Release Date: Nov 10 2004

Instructions:

.tvm file goes into \content\maps

.mopp file goes into \content\havok data

.pkg file goes into \content\art\environments

----------------------------------------------------------------

Revisions:

FINAL RELEASE:
-Renamed from Feign V to Feigned Beliefs
-more terrain adjustments
-terrain painted brand new
-only one rep pack in each team's bunker base instead of two
-lowered phoenix gen to be on level ground
-redid phoenix flag area base to be slightly larger, to match size of imperial base
-slightly adjusted flag stands, and terrain around flag stands, to allow for a better skiing grab
-readjusted heights of exisiting repair packs to be eye-level (or perhaps a tad bit lower) to a light
-increased overall brightness by about 50%
-fog rate upped a little bit from public beta

PUBLIC BETA:
-terrain tweaks
-smaller area inside the phoenix bunker
-increased area of imperial bunker slightly
-new skybox
-fog rate reduced somewhat
-more ambient light
-load screen (thanks to PR24)

CLOSED BETA:
-terrain tweaks
-heavy fog
-bunkers created
-changed skybox

ALPHA:
-basic terrain tests
-basic balance and flag tests

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the following pplz:

PR24
Cinderkarst
Santa
SelfOwnage (for VengeanceMaps.com)
neotik (for hosting the closed beta map download)
wolverine- (for hosting the closed beta map test on MoFo's server)

and anyone else, especially those in #tvmappers

Last edited:
whee. 4 effing am in the morning, finally done. AFTER my attempted filename change blew up in my face like a premat... never mind.

but this was like 3-4 weeks worth of work. glad im done, and i learned alot of the editor doin it.

Only thing I question is whether netting the invos was a good idea. I'm assuming they are netted from the pics. Invicible invos might be too much. The original feign only needed to have them turned around in order to balance the map.

LoVer said:
Only thing I question is whether netting the invos was a good idea. I'm assuming they are netted from the pics. Invicible invos might be too much. The original feign only needed to have them turned around in order to balance the map.

they're not permanently netted... if you look at one of the pics, you'd see the invo on the imperial bunker. that powers not only that bunker's equipment, but those forcefields at the flag base. its a minor deterrant from a complete rapefest, but it gives the defense a little bit more help overall.

i actually increased the light twofold from the public beta, as another issue, not just 150% of public beta. its actually decently bright now. when we tested it tuesday night in a scrim with mofo, it was INCREDIBLY dark and nigh impossible to take down your opponents with your sensors down. in the spirit of comp, and because all too often the sensors will be down, i lightened it up SOME, but not all the way, because the issue still remains that the sensors will be a team's best friend, and need to be treated as such on this map. it's gonna require some new strats i think, and that was my aim in redoing the map this way. i didnt want the same old (and i regret to say it this way but...) stale map from t2 that we played all the time, and loved. t:v is a new game and needs new strats.

i hope you'll swing by the riven pickup tonight and give it a shot, or try to visit it on any pub that decides to host it. give it a chance for a while, see how you can adapt to it. its brighter than before, a lil bit less foggy, and terrain is smoother. supposedly TWL admins are coming by our PU tonight to see how a few community maps would play in a competitive setting...

T-VET said:
Cant Get File Name In Host List!

http://s92471216.onlinehome.us/host.jpg

and as you can see I have the file in right areas

http://s92471216.onlinehome.us/search.jpg

I dont have any problems with this with the other 17 new maps I have on my server.

Any Ideas?

edit: this is the path on my comp to the content folder:
C:\Program Files\VUGames\Tribes Vengeance\Content\Maps

i duno if that makes a difference for you or not. restart machine possibly as well

assuming you restarted the server it all looks good. im not sure... but you SHOULDNT have "feignbeta.tvm" or "feignbeta.mopp" they should be FeignedBeliefs.****

still, even with those files, FeignBeta should have shown on the list. i dont know about webadmin, but ask wolverine or death ICFU, cuz they have it running on mofo's and riven respectively

Last edited:
Geiss said:
edit: this is the path on my comp to the content folder:
C:\Program Files\VUGames\Tribes Vengeance\Content\Maps

i duno if that makes a difference for you or not. restart machine possibly as well

assuming you restarted the server it all looks good. im not sure... but you SHOULDNT have "feignbeta.tvm" or "feignbeta.mopp" they should be FeignedBeliefs.****

still, even with those files, FeignBeta should have shown on the list. i dont know about webadmin, but ask wolverine or death ICFU, cuz they have it running on mofo's and riven respectively

That's not gonna make any difference where you installl because of the startup config.ini file. Here are the 3rd Party maps I run on my server that I have no probs running except for yours

Stormdance
DropzoneWasted
Glacier02
Vitreous
DangerousXingBeta2
Dunes
Incursion
Dash
Frostbite
TheGap
CanyonCrusade
Guillotine