[Official] Style point thread.

-Striker-

Veteran X
So I think everyone can agree the style point field is not as fleshed out as it should be. As it is right now you get a midair for disking someone while they are in the air, killing someone with the disks area exposion while they are in the air, and sniper head shots.

I don't think you should get mid air credit for killing someone with the disk explosion while they are flying. But this thread is more about additions to the system.

Post below with what other actions style points should be associated with.

Mid air mortars: 2 points

Mid air grenades: 2 points

Grapple grab: 1 point
^(must be moving above a certain velocity and be grappled to something)

Bucker rebound kill: 1 point
^(any shot bounced off a bucker that leads to a kill)

Team Kill: -1 point

I'd like to see something added for assisted caps and kills if possible.

MA flag passing.

Any other MA round hit, grenades, mortars, bombs, rockets, etc.

The way it works though, I think you would get a bajillion false MA mortars because it only really checks to see if they are in the air when they are hit.(I think)

Gimme some love for destroying vehicles. 2 points maybe to defense?

MA flag pass +1 (maybe +2 above a certain distance), only for the catcher
MA grapple grab/return +1
Multiple buckler hits in the same throw +1/hit
MA nade +1
MA mortar +2
Grab and cap under 5 seconds +1
Direct handnade hit +1 (maybe midair only)
Energy blade kill +1

Well, I didn't play T:V yet, but I don't think hitting someone dead on with a hand nade in the air is a much more frequent phenomenon than hitting an MA disc... :shrug:

I don't know if something more complex would be better, but as is....MAs are nothing out of the ordinary, and it's not so much stylish as common place.

Amadeu5 said:
Well, I didn't play T:V yet, but I don't think hitting someone dead on with a hand nade in the air is a much more frequent phenomenon than hitting an MA disc... :shrug:
It's a lot easier to throw a hand nade into the proximity of the person, than it is to acctually nail him directly with a disc.

Also, if you're going to give points for flag passing, both parties should get something. When the catcher is the only one getting anything, then the carrier doesn't really have a reason to pass it. Speaking from your typical pubber's POV, I'm sure most people would rather cap and get the points for themselves, than pass and give points for both the pass and the cap to someone else.

Decepti|<on said:
i think any sort of flag pass should give style points

more for MA passes

encourages passing
true, but players could abuse this by flying infront of each other, and repeatedly passing it back and forth, it's not gonna happen.

blast of death said:
true, but players could abuse this by flying infront of each other, and repeatedly passing it back and forth, it's not gonna happen.
matches aren't won by style points.... it'll just be a way to show off, and i think it'd be cool to see in a pub

*edit*
that was a bit confusing.. er... i meant to say that abusing style points isn't a big deal, and seeing two players actually pull that off would be cool

Last edited:
Somec said:
matches aren't won by style points.... it'll just be a way to show off, and i think it'd be cool to see in a pub
I know, but it would piss off alot of those point whores on the pubs since style is part of your score. :roller:
they should give you some kind of a benifit though, maybe a short speed boost?

Back