Cheesy ragdoll physics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadkill(er)

Veteran X
Okay, just got down watching a few movies and catching up on screen shots and crap i missed since last i checked this project.

Does no one else think the physics look cheesy? I mean, the guy looks like he's doing a sky dive while he's alive, flipping and waving all the way to the ground (and his weapon dissappears). Plus, they roll a heck fo a lot on the ground (frictionless terrain for skiing also makes the deaths look stupider). When i kill a guy, i except to see him drop, not all the sudden do a cartwheel. Yes, i think the guy should fly back a bit, but armor, weapons, and all -- a light probably weighs atleast 300 or 400 pounds. He's not made of styrofoam.

Tone down the flips a bit. Not every air death should cause a flip. He will fall back, yes, and hit the ground unusually, but he won't flip 8 times before reaching it. Leave that to air disc head shots.

ANd the looseness -- it makes it look the guy had no muscles in him to begin with.

Just my rant. Beat me if you wish, but i think they look cheesy as hell right now.

i rather liked the idea of seeing dead bodies doing cartwheels across my screen, and slamming into the ground :)

it might get annoying though, and yes, it probably wouldn't be too easy on the fps. BUT, by the time it comes out, a $2,000 system should run it fine ;)

I believe we covered all this back in august when this stuff was released and all of your gripes are baseless at this point, but I don't feel like finding all of the details.

Acer0158 said:
i rather liked the idea of seeing dead bodies doing cartwheels across my screen, and slamming into the ground :)

it might get annoying though, and yes, it probably wouldn't be too easy on the fps.
Colosus, Saturday, did you ever feel like the ragdoll was over the top in your face? I only remember seeing one or two deaths, and only a few comments from the players about the death animations, but I was mostly just hovering around behind people and not playing.

Negatory. Ragdoll was perfectly fine for me when I even noticed it. It was just one of those things that happened and when you had a nice MA you thought "Wow, that was cool" and then went on. Didn't notice any twitching or over-the-top stuff.

the ragdoll has undergone alot of tuning and tweaking since those movies were released (like everything in the game). it will continue to be tuned and made better right up until we ship.

theres nothing quite like seeing bodies go cartwheeling through the sky at enourmous speed and slam into the terrain. as colosus said, it makes MA's even more satisfying ;)

Your point?

He is still entitled to his opinion of things he's seen. He just didn't have all the info,

Colosus said:

Your point?

He is still entitled to his opinion of things he's seen. He just didn't have all the info,

col, you should ban him...and anyone else that tries STFU member in TT :(

your oprinion is wrong, anything in the game that makes me go "hah!" is good.

*edit* drunken college kid on break edit

-Gallium

Mr Fish said:
theres nothing quite like seeing bodies go cartwheeling through the sky at enourmous speed and slam into the terrain. as colosus said, it makes MA's even more satisfying ;)

Anything that makes people wanna use disc more, is a friend of mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back