Anatomy of a shark bite

HypnosisFX

Veteran XX
IS anybody gonna watch this tonight, I wanna see this shark expert get owned after he says

If ya stand still and dont make any fast movements they wont attack you

Then PoW get gets bit and there's like 10-15 sharks all around them both.

9pm est on Discovery Channel

you know for fact they get attacked?

cuz i know that shark's have bad eyesight, and if you don't move around a lot it is accepted that you wont be attacked.

Those suckers can detect minute amounts of blood in water a mile away. I don't think standing still is going to fool them if they want a piece of you.

*edit* They also have an extremely acute sense of electromagnetic disturbance. It's supposed to give them a visual kind of like "DareDevil". Just tensing or flexing muscles makes you visible to them.

Last edited:
Reducing the Risk

Unprovoked shark attacks on humans are rare, but they do occur, and there are ways to reduce your chances of becoming a victim.

Such attacks, most of which occur near shore or near steep drop-offs, fall into three major categories:

1. Hit and Run
By far the most common type of shark attack, the "hit and run" usually occurs in shallow waters or surf zones, with swimmers and surfers as the victims. In a hit and run, the shark inflicts a single bite or slash wound and then speeds away without returning. The resulting injuries are usually small lacerations, often on the leg below the knee, and seldom life-threatening. It's believed this kind of attack is frequently the result of the shark confusing the human for prey, such as a seal or sea lion.

2. Bump and Bite
The less common "bump and bite" attack usually occurs in deeper waters with swimmers and divers as the target. In a bump and bite, the shark initially circles and then bumps its victim. With the bump, the shark's electroreceptors confirm that the object is alive and thus potential prey, triggering the shark to bite, sometimes repeatedly. The resulting injuries are usually severe and sometimes fatal.

3. Sneak Attack
Also less common than hit-and-run attacks, the sneak attack usually occurs in deeper waters involving swimmers or divers. In a sneak attack, the shark lunges without warning, usually from below the victim, and bites, usually repeatedly. The resulting injuries are generally severe and often fatal.

gonna be hard to watch everything tonight. Shark week is starting and the denis leary roast + I wanna check out the ref because it looks like it might be good.

The Ref as in the movie with Denis and Kevin Spacey? That movie's hilarious.

Back